A few recent railway photos from a few charters

Name
matthew toms
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all,

Just thought i'd post a few recent steam pics that i've taken this year :) This year and also last has all been about celebrating Mallards 75th year of taking the speed record for a steam loco, an impressive 126mph down Stoke bank. So with this in mind we have done a few charters featuring the A4's, these were both taken during a Neil Cave photocharter at Barrow Hill

Garter Blue A4's on shed by matttoms, on Flickr

A Hatrick of Streaks by matttoms, on Flickr

Another superb event i attended this year, was the Once in a Blue Moon staged at Didcot, it bought together 3 BR blue livered locos for the first time in nearly 50 years, we had 6023 King Edward II, 60007 Sir Nigel Gresley and new boy 60163 Tornado. Again another night shoot from Neil Cave resulted in some pleasing images :)

A4 60007 Sir Nigel Gresley at rest by matttoms, on Flickr

Once in a blue Moon by matttoms, on Flickr

Moving on to the smaller locos now we had another charter this time down at the South Devon Railway using Collett Goods, 3205 in recently lined BR Green, and wow did she look superb!

3205 rolls past the camera on the South Devon Railway by matttoms, on Flickr

Last chat of the night on Staverton Station by matttoms, on Flickr

Last Train Home by matttoms, on Flickr

And finally one more from last year taken at Didcot here we see 6023 King Edward II soaking up the last of the suns rays

A king at rest by matttoms, on Flickr

If you have any feedback on the images i'd love to hear from you, good or bad it can only help me to improve :)

More can be found on my flickr :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/115023160@N03/with/12057210733/

All the best
Matt

Im loving all these...Gresley in the shed and the Collett on the platform stand out in particular. They just ooze atmosphere

Superb set Mathew, the blue livery really does it for me.
I was fortunate enough to see 'The Gathering' at York, but unfortunate to pick the busiest (and hottest) day of the year to go.
I only lasted 30 minutes! Couldn't get a decent picture because of the crowds.
Still, going up to Scotland later this year on a 'Steam Trip' on 4 different railways to make up for it!

I'm not at all into trains, but these are excellent images and they really do convey the atmosphere

Hi, great pictures by the way, really superb, on number one of the second set though, have you enhanced the steam? If not, do you mind me asking how you captured it with such detail? I would love to learn that.

Hi Dave, pretty much as out of the camera, i think i may have used a tiny bit of dodging and burning on the steam for this one and slightly played around with the highlights, but being on a charter we can get as much smoke as we like :)

Hope this helps buddy
All the best
Matt :)

Back