A few Robin's.

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all these are a few from my first attempt at taking some pictures of some birds. I did post this in the general photo section but i was told to try here. Sorry if i should of moved it ( dont know how to ). Anyway would love any C&C and if possible any advice on cropping.
Thanks
Gav

Robin3.jpg

robin2.jpg

robin1.jpg

A nice set of shots, I really like #1 with the frozen grass, a bit different from the usual shots, though it appears a fraction front focussed to me.

A nice set of shots, I really like #1 with the frozen grass, a bit different from the usual shots, though it appears a fraction front focussed to me.

I agree with Ken but well captured (y)

Regards

Richard

Thanks very much all. Quite pleased considering it was my first attempt. Im lucky as Robins seem to be a tad tamer than other birds so i could get a little closer. Had a little play around with them, croped them abit and added a boarder. But pleased.

Would a 1.5x converter be anygood on my 70-300? Just a thought as its a cheaper way to get abit more distance out of my lens.

Anyone?

Thanks again
Gav :)

Sorry after reading again, can i ask what you mean by abit front focused? Ive only recently started using my cam again and still have alot to learn.

Last edited:
Front focussed means that the point of sharpest focus is slightly in front of the subject. It can be a result of the AF getting it wrong, the lens needing to be micro-adjusted (Canon 50D, 7D) to compensate for slight camera/lens variences, or you got it wrong :)

Carrying out a test on a fixed target is the best way to check your camera setup. There are threads about it.

Back