A few shots from my Ihagee Kine Exacta - 1936

Camera and lens look good especially in the first shot, the others look sharp enough assuming you were focusing on the '9 Stevenson Sq' sign not the girls on the crossing. With a bit of effort you could probably get more contrast and a wider range of tones by manually setting levels in the scanner software, my Epson V700 using VueScan can be a bit bland if left to its own devices.

Sorry if my comments are in the wrong section, sometimes I look at the images and forget where we are.

Looks to be working well ! I particularly like the last shot. It does look a little flat but have only used a couple of rolls of Kentmere in the past and cannot remember them well.

Last edited:
Camera and lens look good especially in the first shot, the others look sharp enough assuming you were focusing on the '9 Stevenson Sq' sign not the girls on the crossing. With a bit of effort you could probably get more contrast and a wider range of tones by manually setting levels in the scanner software, my Epson V700 using VueScan can be a bit bland if left to its own devices.

Sorry if my comments are in the wrong section, sometimes I look at the images and forget where we are.
I appreciate the comments and yes the Vuescan settings I have does send them out a bit flat. I could have spent more time tweaking them in PP (or rescanning them) but Kentmere 400 really only gives you its contrast when you work with it at +1 or +2. My next roll will be at +2.

I appreciate the comments and yes the Vuescan settings I have does send them out a bit flat. I could have spent more time tweaking them in PP (or rescanning them) but Kentmere 400 really only gives you its contrast when you work with it at +1 or +2. My next roll will be at +2.
Interesting, I am coming to the end of my stocks of APX 100 / 400 (mostly dated 2012 expiry ) and am currently using one camera with Kentmere 100 and another with 400 both rated at box speed, they will both be developed in my usual DDX unless I can find some of the rumoured new batch of Xtol.

Interesting, I am coming to the end of my stocks of APX 100 / 400 (mostly dated 2012 expiry ) and am currently using one camera with Kentmere 100 and another with 400 both rated at box speed, they will both be developed in my usual DDX unless I can find some of the rumoured new batch of Xtol.
I use DDX at 1:4 for 11.5 minutes at 20c. My next roll @1600 will be in the same solution but at a 17 minute dev time.

I have a roll of 400 in my T90 which I am shooting at 800. I have a roll of 100 in my Exa 500 but am waiting for sunshine ;)

I look forward to seeing your results,

I love Exaktas.

I use DDX at 1:4 for 11.5 minutes at 20c. My next roll @1600 will be in the same solution but at a 17 minute dev time.

I have a roll of 400 in my T90 which I am shooting at 800. I have a roll of 100 in my Exa 500 but am waiting for sunshine ;)

I look forward to seeing your results,
I elected for the Ilford recommended 10 1/2 min for my roll of Kentmere 100 in DDX, if anything they look to be a bit dense, we will see how they scan tomorrow.

Back