a few sunset type piccies

Edit My Images
Yes
kinda new to this photography lark & these recent piccies came off the camera looking rather nice to me so just wondered what the folks on here thought to em :D

( only work in PS is a resize & the name added in the corner )

Link 1

Link 2

not the best but came out better than expected seen as it was handheld @300mm on a manual focus lens i am still getting used to :LOL:

now the last one

Link 3

comments & hints/tips are more than welcome but please do so in easy to understand ways as i am a proper photography noooob & get lucky with piccies like these as i dont know how to set the camera up for em thats for sure lol

( & just incase its needed these were taken using a Nikon D40 with the stock 18-55mm lens & either a 55-200mm Sigma or a 70-300mm Nikon Manual Focus lens - well it is on the D40 anyway :LOL: )

Three is good, the others are good too but perhaps a bit plain? I think 3 needs to be straightened as said above, and also the watermark maybe being a bit smaller.. It dominates the image too much in my opinion and ruins the photo.

Mitch

not noticed how big that watermark actually is :( ( i set up the action that adds it on a portrait piccy so it looked much smaller on that as it had the same width setting so was bigger itself, that will teach me to try & make things quicker instead of doing em manually lol )

2 looks more interesting if you crop it down alot but then the only bits in the piccy really look shocking so i cant win with that one ( more zoooooooooooom & auto focus needed for shots like that one i think lol )

done a light crop & hopefully levelled off the 3rd one too & it has made it look better to me so thanks for that, will stick a link up to see if you lot agree when i remember my photobucket login details :(

rotateandcrop.jpg

& just for a chuckle here's the really bad quality from the big crop :(

crop.jpg

Back