SPAM Merchant
Name
Andy!
Edit My Images
Yes
Not posted for a while.
Just seem to be soooo busy lately :razz:

Still, here's a few from this morning.
Wasp is a dead 'un! Or trust me, I wouldn't get this close!!!!
(Before I get hatemail from PETA, IT WASN'T ME, it was already dead I swear :LOL: )

Any good?

wasp3.jpg

wasp4.jpg

Kudos mate! I could bring myself to handle a dead wasp with a six foot long pair of tweezers!

Shots look spot on to me though! (y)

Good stuff Andy, lots of detail in both of those, and I sure understand, much easier and less likely to hurt with a dead one.

:LOL: Cheers guys.
I did use a pair of tweezers to adjust his position. Although they weren't quite 6 foot long lol!!!!

:eek: @ Dave! Jeez mate, that would keep me awake at night crying, for many years!

Here's a slightly more cropped version. Anymore and I lose the wings!

wasp5.jpg

No fear of a dead one then Andy, good detail in these and I'm sure if alive the subject would approve ;)

I was stung by wasp earlier today on tip of ear :( had just came out from a nice aromatherapy massage too. so not overly fond of them today lol but nice pic all same

:puke:

I like em but close up insects make me feel ill :lol

But the DoF is spot on (y)

Nice pic but shooting them dead is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel. Half the fun is catching the things still enough to take a decent shot or two! Mind you, the way the summer is disappearing so quickly this might be as good as it gets...

Nice ones Andy. Will have to find me a dead wasp too I reckon.

Cheers for the comments guys.
It's true, taken shots of dead things is cheating (and very morbid!!) and the lack of movement is boring,,
but I'm terrified of wasps and bees, so I don't get the opportunity to shoot them very often!!

Thanks again.

Back