A Field Near Swadlincote

Name
PAUL
Edit My Images
Yes
PSX_20160430_234920.jpg I pass this field every day to and from work and yesterday I thought I'd go and get a picture. I think I missed the sun light on the field by about 10 minutes.

Would you crop in more on the building and lose a bit of the sky?

Paul.

Last edited:
Hi Paul, shame about missing the light, landscapes are normally a waiting game getting that great light.
However I think I'd loose the bottom third of the shot right up to the top of the hedgerow on the RH side, if you want to keep the big cloud feature. Alternatively if you want to keep the fence line as a feature loose the sky to the where there is that little inlet just to the left of centre.
I'd probably loose the fence. If you got back there when the suns hitting that rape it would really pull up the picture.

I think this is one of those where the light on the field makes or breaks it, I don't think it needs to crop as much as perhaps taking another step or two to the right and back slightly and including the fence along the length of the bottom of the frame rather than it partly disappearing as it is here. You can see though that with the right light this could be a great shot.

Thanks for the replies and critique guys. It looked like it was going to chuck it down so I waited and waited hence the reason for missing the light. The weather doesn't look too bad midweek so I may get back there after work and try again. The hedge was a bit of a pain but a narrow country road runs alongside it and my car was parked there and I didn't want to get that in the frame. I took a zoomed in HDR image of the derelict building which has come out ok.

Paul.

Back