A FLEA A FLEA!!!

Edit My Images
Yes
......found a flea on my cat, so first things first, get the flea, get a picture, post it on here, then sort the cat out :LOL:

luckily it was caught in some hair, so sorry if the composition isnt the best, but it was still alive and a lil riggly! but I tried my best lol

its was pretty small, about the size of a flea :thinking:, DOF on it was near enough non existent so this is the best of the bunch.....first looks eveil, second he looks sad....bless lol

C+C welcome
GRRR gotta get out!!
Untitled-2-Copy-1.jpg

uh ohh....I've been had!
Untitled-1-Copy-1.jpg

Last edited:
I hate those thing eeerrrrr, but bloody good capture!!...........NOW GO HELP YOUR POOR CAT GET RID OF THE DAMN THINGS!!!!!!!!, lol :)

All done :) lol wonder what else I can find on her! :LOL:

Wicked stuff there! You got any pictures showing the head a bit better? The comb bits on the front? Even if they're not clear? (y)

Wicked stuff there! You got any pictures showing the head a bit better? The comb bits on the front? Even if they're not clear? (y)

on the first pic? I can crop in but not sure of the quality it will be...give me 5 mins..

yea I did....except one other....why?

any good or closer? sorry about the quality loss

Untitled-1-6.jpg

Hmm... it's the crop I wanted, but are either of the any other two any clearer? :D (ta! haha...)

this is the diff style one I didnt post, heavily cropped on this one, not the best pic again im afraid, will test the second see how that turns out, these crops are about 100%

flea.jpg

this is the diff style one I didnt post, heavily cropped on this one, not the best pic again im afraid, will test the second see how that turns out, these crops are about 100%

Hmm, I'll wait for the next pic before commenting :p Hehe! (thanks!)

how that? any better? still pants at 100% crop buy hey, what can you do lol

also why you need these?? lol

you know how bloody small this is!! lol

s-1.jpg

how that? any better? still pants at 100% crop buy hey, what can you do lol

also why you need these?? lol

you know how bloody small this is!! lol

That's the money shot right there ;)

Check out this: http://jcastella.uab.cat/practiques/Practica7/ctenocephalides0.jpg

See, the heads in those pictures look short and fat, like the dog flea. But the genal combs (compare the front two combs of C. canis and C. felis, the first two by the mouth. In C. canis the first is half the length of the second, where as they're about equal in C. felis) looked about the same length.

In that last shot, they do indeed look the same length, so it must be C. felis, the cat flea.

Incidentally, it being a "cat" flea or "dog" flea doesn't mean much, they all go on both animals. And lastly, see the top left flea in my link? That's the human flea... nice!

That's the money shot right there ;)

Check out this: http://jcastella.uab.cat/practiques/Practica7/ctenocephalides0.jpg

See, the heads in those pictures look short and fat, like the dog flea. But the genal combs (compare the front two combs of C. canis and C. felis, the first two by the mouth. In C. canis the first is half the length of the second, where as they're about equal in C. felis) looked about the same length.

In that last shot, they do indeed look the same length, so it must be C. felis, the cat flea.

Incidentally, it being a "cat" flea or "dog" flea doesn't mean much, they all go on both animals. And lastly, see the top left flea in my link? That's the human flea... nice!

:|

you remember when I mentioned about how much time you have?........you have sooooo just proved my point! :LOL:

LOL! Shut your face Mr! :razz:

I'm a vet student... we have to know these things :p

ahhh yes I do remember you saying! lol

hmmm let you off this time!

reet its my bed time! You might like some pics I post tomorrow as I know are interested in reptiles/scorpions/spiders etc see if you can guess there names, might set aside a cropped in area of them for you to ID lol

TMI AshMashMash! :eek:

:LOL:

ahhh yes I do remember you saying! lol

hmmm let you off this time!

reet its my bed time! You might like some pics I post tomorrow as I know are interested in reptiles/scorpions/spiders etc see if you can guess there names, might set aside a cropped in area of them for you to ID lol

Haha, my bed time too.

And ooooh! I'll look forward to it, do, do!(y)

Arrggghh, you've made me itch... Look like it hasn't fed, I always remember when one of our mogs had fleas and I'd sit there and comb them out then "pop" then between my fingernails.... Once in a while you'd get a freshly fed one that exploded like something out of a horror flick :puke:

Fleas and head lice, both of them make me itch just thinking about them. Urghhh!

How the heck did you get it to stay still for these shots?
When I try to catch the little buggers on my dogs they are so fast never seem to stay still.

Allan

luckily it was stuck in the hair and couldnt get free! :LOL:

Cool shots Robbo, something I have never photographed, you have done great (y)

im new to all this.. i need to get used to all words... **** DOF? sorry i dont know :(

DOF is depth of field, which is how much, or deep, from closest to lens to furthest away you can focus on an object.

The closer the macro generally the smaller DOF you have to play with.

in my case, it was either in focus, or a tiny turn on my macro rail it was out of focus,

make sense? lol If you need more advice on anything just give me a PM :)

LMAO, the sign of someone hooked on macro photography:D:LOL:
Be prepared to become obsessive:geek:

I enjoyed these shots, well done now just to finish off the series put it on your hand and take a shot of it gorging in your blood. No? ok then i wouldn't either :)

You're a brave man! I would have killed it and sacrificed the photo!
/me points at the Frontline pack :)

You're a brave man! I would have killed it and sacrificed the photo!
/me points at the Frontline pack :)

lol She was on the drop already, not front line, so now I have bumped up to the front line stuff ;-)

UUUGGGHHHH!!! To the subject, but a lovely sharp image

Back