A flight before bed-time!

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Just what the doctor ordered. After a busy but fairly rewarding period I managed to get out tonight for a sunset cruise on my little flying machine. It was a gorgeous day all day today and I wanted to be in the air ALL DAY!

Anyway the flight was short and all are nearby my house.

#1 An old disused pier at Munlochy bay.
2763871852_bf848369de_o.jpg

#2 Small tributaries in the bay
2763872204_36bb84dd13_o.jpg

2763872598_5a78d39c17_o.jpg

#4 The view to the west.
2763028265_614f32a06f_o.jpg

#5 The low sun certainly adds texture to the landscape. My father in law's fields. :D
2763028583_a80a8b22a7_o.jpg

#6 Local grain store.
2763028909_54a640178f_o.jpg

#7 An abandoned house near my house. We have walked to this house and there are still a pair of (old) shoes upstairs.
2763029369_efd5aa45d7_o.jpg

The head can hit the pillow happy tonight.

Usual C&C always invited. (y)

Really nice set I absolutely love number 5 that is a cracking shot...

regards

Nigel

Really nice set I absolutely love number 5 that is a cracking shot...

regards

Nigel

Aleays a delight to view your work Gary - stunning as ever!

4 and 5 take the cake for me

Wonderful, simply wonderful!

all very good but number 7 does it for me, i think its the way the the field goes around the house.

these are awesome, i always enjoy looking at the different 'take' you offer us :)

Good to see you in the air again, another cracking set with #5 just pipping it for me.

:clap:

Glad to see you managed some time out and up for yourself Gary.

Going with the general feeling here ... #5 is just gorgeous,
I love the changes in the light and the undulating land, also have a soft spot for #7 too (y)

Very nice. I like No 1, it reminds me of some type of bug crawling across the ground.
That abandoned house looks quite nice!

Wow, hard to pick a favourite... so I wont LOL.
They are all something very special, and from a very special view-point :clap:

Lovely set. No 7 does it for me. Is the grain store the one near Tore roundabout?

Wonderful set of images. I really like 5. (y)

These are brilliant, fantastic, thought provoking shots!

Very jealous, I wish I could fly... I panic like crazy going in planes, so think I would be rubbish at this :(

Lovely set of shots with a fantastically different viewpoint. My favourites are #1 and #5.

Staggering. Aren't you supposed to have two hands on the wheel? #5 is my favourite with the folds in the land.

Last edited:
/Timeteam there's evidence of earlier structures in your father in laws' fields :)

light, light,light,light,light,light,light,light,light,light,light,light,light,...that's what it's all about, and your interprtation of this light in 4 & 5 is excellent.

No 5 I keep coming back to-it's that good.

I'd consider cloning the little shadow bottom right.

Good morning all. Thanks for the comments, I have been away damaging myself on a mountain bike and won't be able to fly for about 6-8 weeks (so the docs say but we'll see ;)). Ruptured ligaments in my right shoulder, ouch.

Grockle - yes that very roundabout. I live just across the road from them.

JPS - No. Snow will hold until mid june at best. There might be an odd pocket somewhere but unlikely now.

Les - I have considered that and probably will. Thanks for the confirmation.

Neil - Talk is not until 6th and 7th September see the programme here

Cheers again guys! (y)

Get well soon Gary, we need to see more of these wonderful shots.
I'm constantly amazed at the consistently stunning quality of your work. I would be happy with shots of this skill from ground level never mind whilst flying a whirligig.
We must have passed your place numerous times in the last 2 weeks when going back and forth to Chanonry Point, trying, without a huge degree of success, to get some good dolphin shots.
Carry on the good work.

Andy

Back