A forgotten family home......

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a rare day off and took a long drive down to a place I've seen several other local explorers photograph. I was lucky enough to be given the location by a fellow urbexer, otherwise I'd never have known where to find it. From what I can gather the house has been abandoned since the early 80s, and the ravages of time are really beginning to show. Happily though there are no signs of vandalism which is a rarity these days, and it's time only that has taken it's toll on this place. No doubt the remote location plays a part here.

One slight goof on my part was, after shooting a few handheld shots in the first room, I forgot to take the camera off auto ISO so a lot of shots ended up being ISO 6400 unnecessarily! Still the X-T2 performed admirably and I'm happy with how the shots turned out.

I've selected a few of my favourites here, but the whole set can be seen on my Flickr.

Forgotten 01 by Greg Basher, on Flickr

Forgotten 02 by Greg Basher, on Flickr

Forgotten 04 by Greg Basher, on Flickr

Forgotten 06 by Greg Basher, on Flickr

Forgotten 18 by Greg Basher, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'm amazed nobody has taken the furniture etc! I like the first shot. Nice composition

I'm amazed nobody has taken the furniture etc! I like the first shot. Nice composition

those are pretty sharp and with your kit and iso...a good result
cheers
geof

Fantastic set of pictures, Greg, with a good sense of being inside the house & the previous resident there.

Greg your images are well done :clap::clap::clap::clap:and really thought provoking. I wonder what the people were like and what they did. were they happy living there. wonder what the circumstance was with the dereliction. But what a fantastic restoration project the piano would be.:)

Back