A gaggle of girls...

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
6349803983_dc4939598c_b.jpg

Last edited:
Now that is stunning! Good use of DOF and the colours are just right.
(y)

very nice ... nice seeing the boys at the back checking them out ;)

Don't know much yet about technique etc., but that photo is stunning!:D

something bugs me about this picture.. the lighting and the DOF something to me isn't right..IMOP sorry if i am out of order

Last edited:
I agree, there is something odd about it. The right hand Deer at the front looks like its floating a bit.

Wonderful colours. Where did you take that?
thanks it was at Knole park

something bugs me about this picture.. the lighting and the DOF something to me isn't right..IMOP sorry if i am out of order

Plus one on above,could be my monitor though.

I agree, there is something odd about it. The right hand Deer at the front looks like its floating a bit.

not too sure what your getting at but if you think I have fiddled with the image ie PS some deer into a woodland scene then I assure you that besides level adjustments and a crop its how it came out of the camera, I took the picture with a 1Dmk3 and a 300L @ 2.8 1/30 ISO800, I have the original RAW if you want me to send it to you to prove whatever you think I have done to it that I havent....

i am not saying you have done anything to the picture.. i like it i think it is well caught just something maybe as someone else said it is my monitor/laptop that is doing it.. didn't mean to cause offence.

Those deer(s?) either look really small or the tree looks really big.

It really very much looks like you've failed to PS some deer(s?) into a woodland scene & forgot how big things are.

Joenail said:
Those deer(s?) either look really small or the tree looks really big.

It really very much looks like you've failed to PS some deer(s?) into a woodland scene & forgot how big things are.

Well your wrong that's how it came out of the camera if you want the RAW so you can see for your self send me an address and I will send it to you, I really find that a lot of people on this forum rather rude and pick holes in the strangest of things, if you don't like the photo fair enough and if you think you can do a better job then fair enough i have no problem with that in fact it how you learn to become better but to say I've PS a photo when I haven't and really why would I bother? this photo was a quick snap on my way out of Knole park one morning i nearly threw it away but I quite liked the colours so I thought I would share that's it.
Please give me an email address and I will send the RAW then you can see it for yourself and come back on here and say ok it's not a PS job....

I personally couldnt care less what you did to the image- its the end result that counts and the end result in this case is a nice shot- end of (y)

Les :D

Ps you dont have to prove anything to anyone ;)

I personally couldnt care less what you did to the image- its the end result that counts and the end result in this case is a nice shot- end of (y)

Les :D

Ps you dont have to prove anything to anyone ;)

Agreed ....I like it .... But there is something surreal about it.
(in a good way)

Well your wrong that's how it came out of the camera if you want the RAW so you can see for your self send me an address and I will send it to you, I really find that a lot of people on this forum rather rude and pick holes in the strangest of things, if you don't like the photo fair enough and if you think you can do a better job then fair enough i have no problem with that in fact it how you learn to become better but to say I've PS a photo when I haven't and really why would I bother? this photo was a quick snap on my way out of Knole park one morning i nearly threw it away but I quite liked the colours so I thought I would share that's it.
Please give me an email address and I will send the RAW then you can see it for yourself and come back on here and say ok it's not a PS job....

Wow - wasn't expecting that. I never said I don't like it, I just though, as some others did, that it looked a bit odd. Even though I have the raw file now, I still think it looks odd. I am in no way saying I can do better or that you have 'cheated', only that it looks a bit like you have.

For the record, I really do think it's a great picture.

-J

I really don't see what people think is strange. It's just a blxxdy good photo!

I believe you Mark ;) I think the problem is a lot of people pass comment but Fail to give some explanation as to why it looks wrong. To me fact that it is very sharp ( in a good way ) makes it stand out from a lot of this type of picture we are used to seeing. Secondly imo I think there is a slight red cast to it which is dominent on the bark of the Tree, and lastly I think you do not have enough shadow in the picture considering the large canopy of that tree. Hope you do not mind the edit Mark and I will remove if you wish, I am not saying that this edit is how it should be done, but just trying to show how easy it is to get a completely different feel to the picture. One other thing I have noticed is that if you look at it you have the foreground the ferns behind the subjects and the Trees in the background, all of which is giving a feel of depth to it, in turn has given the picture a very good 3d look, only my thoughts :shrug:

6349803983_dc4939598c_b.jpg

Last edited:
I love the original, I can't see anything wrong with it. I just wish I could shoot as well as that :LOL:

The 'floatie' effect I would guess is caused by them standing on something like a bare patch of earth that is slightly higher than the grass :thinking:

I do really like it, but think it looks odd in some way too :shrug:

Simple explanation is that there is no in focus ground upon which the deer is standing and all you can see is the out of focus rise in front. Would look different if less of the leg was visible. It is a bot of an optical illusion.

To me it has no bearing on the quality of the image which is really nice.

Mike

beautiful capture. i agree with the 3d feel to it the depth of it is fabulous. it is different to the norm and i must say i love it (y)

Nice shot.

Just out of interest, did you upload it here or has someone stolen it...

Back