A GENERAL FILM QUESTION

Name
jack perks
Edit My Images
No
i was at a sarfi park taking some image for my end of year project at college and stupidly after i had taking the image briefly opened up the camera and then closed it quickly im just wondering if the film is ruined or is it still worth me developing it?
any advice would be much welcomed regards jack

depends, what camera/format
how many shots were taken when you opened it ?

I'm guessing you had not re-wound the film back into the cassette when you opened it ... :thinking:

In which case you are likely to have ruined much and clouded the rest ... :shrug: ... it might still be worth getting it developed just for the sake of it 'cos you never know ... :cautious:

:p

My guess would be it's ruined. :crying: You may be lucky and get some of the first few frames but the frame edges would very likely be naff (thats a technical term for ruined).:help:

Well, if it was just a quick flash in the pan, there's a fair chance only the last few frames you shot will be buggered, maybe you still have 30 out of 36, the rest were wound up on the spool shielding each other.
Don't you have to rewind the film back into the cartridge..?

wtf...are we all like.....joined at the hip....or what:LOL:

Well, if it was just a quick flash in the pan, there's a fair chance only the last few frames you shot will be buggered, maybe you still have 30 out of 36, the rest were wound up on the spool shielding each other.
Don't you have to rewind the film back into the cartridge..?

wtf...are we all like.....joined at the hip....or what:LOL:
Agree!
My opinion is same as yours.:)

Agree with joxby. We've all done it, absent midedly opened the back then snapped it shut again cursing! I'd say you might be lucky and only have ruined the last 5 or 6 frames, meaning 30 may be useable.
Well worth developing anyway.:)

As others have said before - get it developed anyway and just see what you have.
I would probably just go for a standard machine print run rather than a pro hand print service though...

cheers for i will develope anyway i dont mind 2 much if only the last few r ruined better then all of them i will post back to let u no if they came out ok cheers for help

Back