A Goldie and a Pheasant

Two very nice detailed shots John, not looked at any exif but out of interest, would I be right in guessing these were taken with a Sigma or another lens other than Canon or Nikon?

Agree with Rich, very nice shots, I prefer the first image.(y)

Two very nice detailed shots John, not looked at any exif but out of interest, would I be right in guessing these were taken with a Sigma or another lens other than Canon or Nikon?

Hi Rich. I'm afraid your wrong about the lens it was taken with a Canon 300mm F4 L IS, and it was on a canon 7d Mark ii.
Glad you liked the images though.

Last edited:
+1 here, a couple of nice captures with good oof BG :)

Hi Rich. I'm afraid your wrong about the lens it was taken with a Canon 300mm F4 L IS, and it was on a canon 7d Mark ii.
Glad you liked the images though.

Lol! I have to be wrong now and again,the only reason I said it was the first image looked a tad flat overall.I then realised I could click it to the larger image.

So you've finally splashed out on a Mk2, Eh John? ;) - nice results so far if these shots are anything to go by :)
- I'll soon be the only one left with a Mk1.

Russ

Hi Russ. Thanks for the comment. Yes, I finally bit the bullet. I bought it a month ago but to be honest I have struggled with getting used to it, especially the autofocus system. But I think I have now come to terms with it. these are the first shots I have deemed good enough to post.
Listen mate, you do not need a new camera to make your shots stand out.

Hi John,
Regarding the Canon 7DMk2, I think I will hold off making a purchase for a while! I have read a few threads on here and elsewhere of folk getting a "Friday Afternoon" job, and having to return their camera once or even twice because of focussing inconsistencies. Also the complexity of the learning curve means a lot of time finding the best settings - life is too short for me at present to leave my comfort zone with the Mk1 version.
Anyway, I splashed out last year on a 300f/2.8 lens, and am not looking for a divorce ;)
Regards,
Russ

Nice captures and particularly like the clean background on the first. Is there a fly above and to the right of the Goldies head??

Nice captures and particularly like the clean background on the first. Is there a fly above and to the right of the Goldies head??

Yes Simon there is. It would have been very simple to take it out, but I thought it was quirky , so left it in. Thanks for the comments

Yes Simon there is. It would have been very simple to take it out, but I thought it was quirky , so left it in. Thanks for the comments

Thanks for the reply John. Myself, I prefer to see nature and the fly is part of that and I would perefer to see it, than not.

Back