A good story

Name
Ujjwal
Edit My Images
No
I recently spotted an ad in Loot.com for a Mju II fixed focus camera. Since the asking price was 15 £ delivered, I took the chance.
The packet arrived today. And it had a fully boxed, brand new, MjuII with date back. Complete with the brand new case, 2 batteries and manual.
Not just that, also a bunch of films to keep me going.

Who says nice folks do not sell on Loot/Gumtree.

P.S : the camera is great to hold; and wonderfully compact. With a spot focus function as well.

The Mju II is a much better camera than it deserves to be. If it had a tin chassis and a prestige name it would shift for well into three figures.
Sounds like you got yourself a bargain. There's a test against a T4 in which it came out very well.

Nice story and my latest is:-

Well I was killing time waiting to see the dentist when I went into the Oxfam shop and said to the girl "you don't ever seem to have any film cameras" she said "that box down there"...well it was full of good P&S cameras.....Pentax, Minolta, Olympus, Canon etc all £2.99 each. Well at those prices it's better than the bootie as if it doesn't work you can take it back, but I've enough P&S and didn't buy one.

Nice story and my latest is:-

Well I was killing time waiting to see the dentist when I went into the Oxfam shop and said to the girl "you don't ever seem to have any film cameras" she said "that box down there"...well it was full of good P&S cameras.....Pentax, Minolta, Olympus, Canon etc all £2.99 each. Well at those prices it's better than the bootie as if it doesn't work you can take it back, but I've enough P&S and didn't buy one.

At our local Oxfam, somebody comes into value the cameras, fair enough, means they get a decent value for them... Except he prices them extortionately! Last time they had an Olympus XA for £40!

At our local Oxfam, somebody comes into value the cameras, fair enough, means they get a decent value for them... Except he prices them extortionately! Last time they had an Olympus XA for £40!

Oxfam prices = ebay highest price + a premium.

Why they think someone will buy on that basis will remain a mystery. ( Instead, had they priced it fair, and politely asked for a donation, I would have bought it everytime)

Oxfam prices = ebay highest price + a premium.

Why they think someone will buy on that basis will remain a mystery. ( Instead, had they priced it fair, and politely asked for a donation, I would have bought it everytime)

I agree and your spot on with the way they value cameras and lenses. Just take a look for yourselves.

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/results.aspx?catalog=HighStDonated&category=HomewareandCollectables&search=camera&pn=3

Interestingly enough they have a Oly Mju II price £35

I did once buy a camera from an ebayer who sent the camera along with 3x pound coins cellotaped to the bubble wrap with a note saying 'this is towards the cost of new batteries'. I was shocked and sent them a very nice message of appreciation. Your right there are some genuine decent folk out there and its a breath of fresh air when you trade or meet with them.

Well I would have thought the valuer knew (at this branch) that these cameras weren't going to sell at high prices, so priced them all at £2.99.....well I know and you all know that these P&S can give very good results, but let's face it how many of Joe public are going to walk in and say "I want a P&S film camera" when their mobile phones can take pics now.

Where is this Oxfam, Brian? I might go and have a peek

Rickmansworth high st..park in Marks and sparks for free and there are about 3 charity shops, I think it was Oxfam if not, it's help the aged or Sue Ryder care.

I think it might be Sue Ryders. They have just got a big-ish stock of P&S in our store recently; and all were priced 2.99 I got a pentax espio

Last nice touch from a seller was the nieces K20D body off ebay, the guy not only got it to her fast but also enclosed two new packs of lithium's with a fresh set in the camera as well..only paid £185 for it as well.

Back