A Great Tit, by my standards.

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
OK, not the most exotic spieces seen on these boards, but this shot is pretty good by my usual standards (although c&c is still appreciated).

Great_Tit_10_1000.jpg

OK, it's not the sharpest shot in the world but the exposure, colours and composition are good so it gets a (y) from me.

OK, it's not the sharpest shot in the world but the exposure, colours and composition are good so it gets a (y) from me.

Cheers!

Do you think it's a focus issue, or just the quality of the lens/sharpening? I can't decide myself :shrug:. I guess the ISO 720 doesn't help much either, though.

Cheers!

Do you think it's a focus issue, or just the quality of the lens/sharpening? I can't decide myself :shrug:. I guess the ISO 720 doesn't help much either, though.

Dunno, maybe just a focusing issue as parts of the tree and snow look pretty sharp as does the back of the bird but the head is a little soft. As you say a high iso won't help. Still pretty good though.

I like the original the colours exposure and composition are good but the small twigs over the rump and tail are slightly distracting;) The edit seems to have burnt out the the white cheek and brought out the noise. Personally I wouldn't worry too much about super sharpness, most birds dont appear naturally sharp. It's a (y) from me!

A very good capture Naboo (y) Quite a bright situation for you by the looks of it but you have managed to cope well with that, the image certainly seems sharp enough to me but maybe a little bit of adjustment. I have taken the liberty :D Look forward to some more shots in the new year. Ps: They are all exoctic in their own rights ;)

Great_Tit.jpg

I like shots of the bird in its natural enviroment, so it gets my vote :)

I quite like your original shot, well done.

Thank you everyone :)!

I agree about the twig being an annoying distraction, but of all the shots I got that day, this one had the least amount of obstructions (those tits just love the bushes :D). As I'm not using a hide and not bribing them with seed :D, it's pretty hard to get with 10 feet of them and so the shots are mostly from the long end of the lens (and even cropped, too :().

I hope to do some more bird photography in the weeks ahead (as I have new lens :naughty:) and hopefully get some sharper results.

Anyway, thanks again for the c&c.

Love the origanal shot
its a great shot even though not 100% sharp
very nice colours
Pete

Back