A green apple

Name
mat
Edit My Images
Yes
Well thought id have another go and decided as an apple has nice colour i thought it would be a good place to start.

so i put the apple on to a glass table, i put it on the black glass table to try and get a nice reflection, i think it kinda worked, what do u think?

i know that the flash is a little annoying but i didnt know how to stop that, think i could have moved the camera round abit more so the flash was lined up with the missing part of apple but not sure if that would have worked ( would it )

i then put it in photo shop and decided to adjust the vibrance hue and saturation then a slight sharpen.

as ive only taken a couple of pics im reasonably happy with the result, but i would love it if some of you guys could tell me how i could have improved it

ive included both the original and the ps'ed one

1,, original
DSCF1515.jpg

green-apple.gif

the composition is a bit off, i'd have cropped some reflection off or placed the apple in a different area of the shot

colour wise it's fine apart from the unfortunate effect of air on apple core :)

flash should probably have been off centre but i'm presuming you were using on camera flash so not much you could have done about that, perhaps messing around with a lamp or something off to the side might help?

remember a piece of white card to the side of whatever light source you're using is also a surprisingly decent/cheap reflector for a bit of side fill :)

49670759.jpg

that's my 2p :)

cheers mate

can i ask what you done to make the ineer so white i think that looks alot nicer and mine looks like its been cut open to long lol

cheers

mat

photoshop elements and remove colour cast i think, tbh i've just been trying to see how comparable it is to the full photoshop so i'm not entirely sure that's what i've clicked as i was just giving everything a bash to see what it did but i imagine that's probably the one

either that or adjust hue or white balance or something in photoshop i'd say would probably do something similar :)

Paint the flesh of the apple with lemon juice as soon as you have cut it, should stop it from going brown quite so quickly.

Back