A Haunting Stare

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I decided to keep this photo seperate, as it really got to me. She appeared homeless, and just so lost. I got 5 or 6 photos, then wandered off. She was with her boyfriend, who had two fierce looking dogs. He also looked homeless, and a bit out of it :(

3108785720_bd66056925_o.jpg

2: Her boyfriend
3108783942_b2881cc974_o.jpg

She looks like a real pretty girl, who has gone through some serious ****.

Gary.

Nice ones Gary ..her boyfriend looks like James Blunt..

I know his records were not that popular but that music industry must be savage if he lost it all...

Love these Gary. Next time you come to London I want to hang out with you and Tristan!

Haunting stare indeed - superb portrait. It seems a bit trite to comment on the bokeh (which is groovy) but I think it also really helps to make her face stand out really well

Both great shots Gary.
I particularly like the first one, even though that stare is somewhat disturbing.

Well captured.

Now that there is the very definition of a thousand yard stare, love it :)

Christmas the worst time of the year for many people away from homes and family probably more so for people who not having it so good I dont want to caterogize people, who prob feeling it all the more just now.Yes she really looks like she carrying a lot of problems around.

Christmas the worst time of the year for many people away from homes and family probably more so for people who not having it so good I dont want to caterogize people, who prob feeling it all the more just now.Yes she really looks like she carrying a lot of problems around.

Well her eyes tell a story. I just hope she gets help.

Gary.

I absolutely love the one of the girl, one of the most powerful images I've seen in a long time. The planning or the luck, you say, every other figure in the shot has their back turned toward her. Don't like the little white hat much (can it be brushed out?) A true Stunner of an image.:clap:

Last edited:
I absolutely love the one of the girl, one of the most powerful images I've seen in a long time. The planning or the luck, you say, every other figure in the shot has their back turned toward her. Don't like the little white hat much (can it be brushed out?) A true Stunner of an image.:clap:

Cheers mate, it was a planned shot. She was walkibg by with her other half and two dogs. I was watching jugglers (like everyone else). Also keeping an eye open for candids. I spotted her and she saw me, she headed to the back of the crowd and started to watch the jugglers.

I backed off and waited for her to leave so I could get my shot. She was fidgety though and turned every 15 or so seconds to find her boyfriend who was chatting to some other guys. It was therefore easy to get the shot.

Glad you like,

Gary.

Absolutely superb capture. The stare speaks volumes and you can't help but feel sorry for the poor soul.

Gary, the picture of the the girl is haunting, To me there is a sadnes in her look.
Its a great capture.

That is one of the best, yet most disturbing photographs I have seen in a very long time Gary.

You Sir, just keep getting better and better.

I hate you! :D

It's all been said Gary but I have to say the girl's image is just so captivating I stared for an indecent length of time... :eek: ... really awesome capture m8... :clap:

:p

That is one of the best, yet most disturbing photographs I have seen in a very long time Gary.

You Sir, just keep getting better and better.

I hate you! :D

Thanks so much, it thrills me that people like it.

It's all been said Gary but I have to say the girl's image is just so captivating I stared for an indecent length of time... :eek: ... really awesome capture m8... :clap:

:p

Thanks Ven, glad you like too. Her stare seems to grab hold, gets me too.

Back