A Karate Round Up

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Apart from garden birds, our karate club is about the only thing I have done any shooting of recently and its bloody hard work! With ISO's up past 800 [on a Nikon! - thinking I should pursuade club to buy me a D300 :D ] the post processing is always fun and thats if you even managed to capture anything worth keeping. However a few from the last couple of months, taken at both competitions and at the dojo.

1 - In with a punch

WGI_8323_filtered.jpg

2 - my own brat puts one in there too

WGI_8361_filtered.jpg

3 - sparring in the dojo, for once I clicked the shutter at just the most amusing moment :LOL:

WGI_8497.jpg

4 - more sparring

WGI_8503.jpg

5 - all that practice can yeild results [and because i am a proud mum, Beth took gold in Kumite at the Essex open]

WGI_8681.jpg

Then I couldnt resist being a bit more artistic....

WGI_8147_filtered.jpg

These two boys are 10 and 12yrs old, already black belts and were about to face each other in the final of an International competition at kata, as a club we are very proud of them and these two shots of them both waiting to go onto the mat for that final are two of my favs!

WGI_8207_filtered.jpg

WGI_8216_filtered.jpg

Some excellent shots there. Well done and to your daughter great success.

excellent :clap: I've been meaning to take some at my club, but not sure how well they'll turn out. I love the two boys waiting for their Kata comp, awesome! (y)

Thanks guys (y)

Wilmorh, do it! Its not easy at our club, the studio we use is very badly lit, luckily I had access to a couple of big lamps for the few you see here, but still it was hard work. However, definately worth it. Now we have better weather approching, we plan some outdoor shots which should allow much more scope for artistic as well as technical [karate wise] images - I hope! :D

Why does B&W have to be "artistic"? Put the colour back in, the B&W just ruins it!

Wow. I can feel the concentration from their faces from here. :O

Why does B&W have to be "artistic"? Put the colour back in, the B&W just ruins it!

I think you will find I referred to the colour shot as artistic too, those second two just worked better in B&W than colour by diminishing the background clutter. The 'artistic' comment was in reference to the fact they are not action shots as you would noramlly expect from the sport, but something a bit different, HTH.

You've caught some great action Yv, number twos my fave I think... I'm Liking the arty shots too, second for me on those.

Congrats to Beth and all of you, brilliant news. :clap::clap: haven't you done well, you must be beaming. (y)

.... does that mean you get some weekends off again? :woot: ...photo bud. ;) :D

:woot: Till JUNE!!! well, apart from once monthly sunday squad sessions. Ad, TAKE ME OUT, PLEASE!! I am going stir crazy!!! :LOL:

Great set again Yv, no 4 for me at least you should be well protected in your old age lol :LOL:

Good set with write ups LadyLens (y)

no3 is great as it shows the action and has a clean background, which must be hard to acheive. (y)

You must be one proud mum :clap: , well done Beth!

I think you will find I referred to the colour shot as artistic too, those second two just worked better in B&W than colour by diminishing the background clutter. The 'artistic' comment was in reference to the fact they are not action shots as you would noramlly expect from the sport, but something a bit different, HTH.

Well played :clap:

Great shots.
I can see the light must have been a massive issue!

Fantastic... I know how hard it is to photograph a martial art well. You've made a better job of it than I've yet managed! :clap:

Back