A late Solar Eclipse

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
okay a little late to the eclipse party, but hey better late than never...so on Friday morning I set my alarm for 6:30 I'm not a morning person so these times don't come easy, but a couple of weeks prior to this I had made a deal to collaborate with @Cheffievrs to shoot the eclipse making use of his rather nice lens and camera and the solar filter I had made

This is one of the resulting photos

Solar Eclipse 2015 - Burton Dassett - Warwickshire by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great shot, worth getting up early for

Thanks I thought so, it was amazing actually how the clouds almost parted at just the right time for us to get photos (y)

Nice set Matt. Is it the Baader film that gives the false colour in the images?

Not just me mate also Jason, on this one it was very much a collaboration, this solar film the makers of it market it as not affecting the colour, as you can get filters that effectly filter out the colour of the sun to make it almost white but although I'm no expert clearly that this should be close to the colour of the sun, remember though I was a solar Virgin till this day, but these colours are SOOC

Nice pictures... I couldn't see anything coz of the clouds :-(

Thanks, we very nearly suffered a similar fate as a first couple of frames show the clouds parted for us at nearly the perfect moment (y)

Great series Matt, glad you got the whole lot. I read the true colour of the sun is actually white (makes sense if it's that hot I suppose..) but it I think it looks better with the more familiar yellow cast.

Thanks Tim, An interesting read for sure, thanks for the link, we were extreamly lucky, both Jason and myself arrived on location it was pretty much solid cloud, and any other day we would likely have both cried it off as a wasted day and chalked it up as "weathered off" however with this being such a special event we were both of the attitude, you cannot catch it if your not there...so we kept the faith in the forecast for it to clear, and it did...it could have been straight out of a Hollywood film, how just at the right moment everything came right :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back