A little help on photo sizing please

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
Hi, i will try and keep this as simple as possible ,i do a little work in schools regarding wildlife(primary schools)
I have been asked if i can take a photograph that they can use as a sign ,basicaly there will be a few of my nature images in the background but the main focus will be children of the eco team that will be the main image ,the sign will be aprox 15feet long and 6 feet wide ,i have found out it will be done on plastic in a wooden baten box frame .its all the info i can get at the moment .
I will have to shoot in portrait orientation with my 1d mkiv ,i will shoot in RAW and i would like some advice on best to workflow the image for the final output size etc ...i will find out more from which company are doing the printing at some point but any help or advice at the moment in time would be apreciated.Thanks

Usually for large format prints they will require an file that is 300 dpi and in CMYK mode. With regards to the size the full sized photo off the camera should be sufficent as from a distance slight pixel blurring will not be seen. Will you be creating the file for print or will the print company?

Hi ,Thanks for the reply,i will be sending them the file ,hence trying to make sure they get the nest they can get .....not sure about CMYK mode ,take it they do that on there side

CMYK is a colour mode for printing, generally photos are shot in RGB mode. This can be changed in photoshop under the menu Image>Mode>CMYK. CMYK is the name for the colours used when printing: CMYK = Cyan Magenta Yellow Black (K). RGB = Red Green Blue

Back