A Little help please

Edit My Images
No
I would like to start taking macro shots in particular of insect faces, I will still be using film.

What equipment do I need my current main film camera is a cannon eos 500 which I have had for years and it has a 28-90mm canon lens and a 100-300mm sigma lens niether are macro both Auto focus.

:) Thanks Budget is no ore than 80 pounds please so i am looking at second hand stuff I presume.

Last edited:
To be honest for 50 pounds there is not much out there.

I would suggest picking up a second hand set of Kenko extension tubes (have them, work fine) or trying to find one of Canon's close-up lenses. Either option will be a little more than £50 even second hand I think.

A better idea would be to save up for the Canon EF 50 2.5 compact macro or the Sigma 50 2.8 macro. Both are more than £200 new but you may found them closer to the £150 mark second hand if you're lucky.

I've just bought a set of s/h Kenko tubes, which are excellent.

You will need the DG designation which maintain both autofocus and exposure.

However I found one unexpected glitch when using either my 17-85mm IS USM lens or my 70-300mm IS USM lens.

When used with the Kenko tubes they showed quite a degree of Chromatic Aberration away from the centre focus point.

Normally these lenses are both excellent, so you may get the same problem with your lenses.

However on my "nifty fifty" they are excellent.

I haven't tried them on my 18-55mm kit lens yet but will do so tomorrow,

All the photos I've taken so far have been indoors because of the rain, but hope to get out soon and go bug hunting with these tubes.

I have a sony x200 can i take macro pics or what equipment do i need? send me a message with advice please

a 50mm prime, reversing ring and extension tubes maybe? should just about come in under £80 too...

You could always clip on a raynox lens.

looks like tubes then, I will keep my eyes open for some

Back