A little Sunflower?

Edit My Images
No
Taken in my wifes allotment last year.

C&C welcome.

3227983148_6d818f3566_b.jpg

Little? I don't think so:D:D

The flower itself is rather nice and the sky is a wonderful colour but the background is a bit distracting,sadly my eyes are drawn to the car on the lhs and the poles on the rhs.A shallower dof would have thrown them out of focus,leaving us to admire the beauty of the flower.

Little? I don't think so:D:D

The flower itself is rather nice and the sky is a wonderful colour but the background is a bit distracting,sadly my eyes are drawn to the car on the lhs and the poles on the rhs.A shallower dof would have thrown them out of focus,leaving us to admire the beauty of the flower.

Great sky and flower, but the comments above re the car and cane spoil it unfortunately.

As have been said, (y) for the colours .. very vibrant and nicely done.

As for the DoF & background, if you find yourself that you can't get a very shallow DoF to washout the background and / or you can't get the shot straight-on without the background coming in .. then crouch-down on to your knees and shoot the flower (stem and flower) with you facing the sky! :shrug:

Again, a wonderful shot (y) and wonderful colours.

Thanks for posting.

nice one (y)
next time get on your back looking up at it. get rid of the distractions :clap:

I have but one problem in getting on my knees. Im 6'5 so getting on my knees puts me at not much lower a level. The other problem, The way my back is lately, I may not get back up!!!! ;)

wonderful colour in the flower and sky. (y) I agree about the background, although as you say, getting lower could be tricky...

Back