A load of Bull

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Managed to get a couple of shots this morning, light was harsh but it was nice to sit behind the lens for a short while. C&C appreciated, thanks for looking.

IMG_8216_filtered.jpg

IMG_8301_filtered.jpg

IMG_8393_filtered.jpg

Excellent Rich - lovely all over detail.

Like all three, but for me the pick would be No2. Excellent detail in all(y)

I thought this was going to be about the football!!

But more to the point... great pictures! 3 works best for me, the harsh light seems to be under control there! -

(y)

No.1 looks a little bit flat to me, could do with a bit of a contrast boost.

I like the 2nd and 3rd showing similar poses of both the male and female. No.3 being the best of the lot (y).

Again- excellent shots Rich - just a bit flat.

Thanks all for the replies. Cedric, I am sure they are losing it after being uploaded :shrug: I have put these back through CS and pushed the contrast a bit more, to me they seem to have a bit too much contrast whilst viewing in CS so it would be interesting to know what they look like now on screen ;)

B3.jpg

B2.jpg

B1.jpg

Rich, those bars on the Bully wings (male and female) are white not grey.

You can only put that right by increasing the highlights or going back to the raw files. It does seem though as though the culprit is drastically reduced contrast or that highlight slider in raw. These shots look as though they were taken in bright sunlight and should have a lot more punch. Don't be afraid of the highlights being on the edge - they'll look a lot more natural.

4746517590_8f095a17cb_b.jpg

4746517798_a310085a76_b.jpg

Shall I just sod off? :LOL:

Good captures Rich but CT's edits work best for me.

Rich, those bars on the Bully wings (male and female) are white not grey.

You can only put that right by increasing the highlights or going back to the raw files. It does seem though as though the culprit is drastically reduced contrast or that highlight slider in raw. These shots look as though they were taken in bright sunlight and should have a lot more punch. Don't be afraid of the highlights being on the edge - they'll look a lot more natural.

Shall I just sod off? :LOL:

Na! dont do that Ced`s I would miss you :naughty: Thanks again. I have just finished calibrating my monitor and have loaded the profile into CS. I will go back to the Raw image and have another play. Interesting if nothing else to see my finished product ;)

Good captures Rich but CT's edits work best for me.

What I got it in bloody stereo now :shake: ;)
Cheers Tom for stopping by

Na! dont do that Ced`s I would miss you :naughty: Thanks again. I have just finished calibrating my monitor and have loaded the profile into CS. I will go back to the Raw image and have another play. Interesting if nothing else to see my finished product ;)

Great stuff -look forward to the resuts Rich.

Is that some sort of horny growth btw on the legs of that male Bully? I see this a lot in Chaffinches, but I don't recall seeing it in a Bully at all.

Last edited:
Great stuff -look forward to the resuts Rich.

Is that some sort of horny growth btw on the legs of that male Bully? I see this a lot in Chaffinches, but I don't recall seeing it in a Bully at all.

Cheers me dears, here is one that I have done. I did the edit how I thought it should be and did not compare it with your edit Ced`s, that way you can still judge it and decide if I have gone wrong or overcooked anything. Just wondering if I have actualy got the colour on the chest right. Yes I noticed that on the leg as well, certainly something starting to develope. I know the Chaffie around her has a serious case of bumblefoot but the first I have noticed it on any others, if that is what it might be :shrug:

Bulledit_filtered.jpg

Can't fault that at all Rich - the colour looks far more natural - in fact spot on! Whatever you're doing now you're doing it right. (y)

It does look like Bumblefoot, but it's a term misused quite a lot for lumpimg various types of these leg diseases together, and there are several I believe, but Bumblefoot usually gets the blame.

just wondering CT on some of my bullies the bars on the wings on some do seem to have grey feathers on them so do some have white and some have grey, have got a pic to show if rich don t mind me showing it ,see what he says

They do vary Karen - some are white, some grey and sometimes you get a bit of each. In Rich's case you can see they were white just being dulled by the reduced contrast. The whites soon get that grey veil if you drag the contrast down too much. Ive got some that are grey - taken in good light too.

They do vary Karen - some are white, some grey and sometimes you get a bit of each. In Rich's case you can see they were white just being dulled by the reduced contrast. The whites soon get that grey veil if you drag the contrast down too much. Ive got some that are grey - taken in good light too.

Yes see what you mean in Rich's they were white, I have a mixture on the bullies like I said some grey and some white so just thought I would check it out wonder if its anything to do with the maturity of the bird

Cant think of any C&C to add...

Spot on, sharp as a tack - like them all ;)

Oh my god now Rich will be confused:LOL:

Bit of a Grey area if you ask me :bang:. Well I was going to mention about the the tint of Grey in the feathers, and I was going to argue the toss with Ced`s ;) But then I thought :thinking: I like it when Cedric gets all domineering with me :naughty: Interesting thought about the maturity Kaz, and I got no probs you posting a picture up either.

Bit of a Grey area if you ask me :bang:. Well I was going to mention about the the tint of Grey in the feathers, and I was going to argue the toss with Ced`s ;) But then I thought :thinking: I like it when Cedric gets all domineering with me :naughty: Interesting thought about the maturity Kaz, and I got no probs you posting a picture up either.

Its ok now Rich I just wondered because like i said some of my bullies had the grey feathers but it looks like some do and some don t, we learn something new every day on here don t we:)

Its ok now Rich I just wondered because like i said some of my bullies had the grey feathers but it looks like some do and some don t, we learn something new every day on here don t we:)

Ok cheers Kaz. We do indeed learn something every day, from now on I shall calibrate my WB using the Bullfinch Greyscale chart :D

Nice pics (y)

Oh ok :D Your last edit does look good Rich, I cant compete with the quality of the expertise here, but to my eyes its just right (y)

Back