Critique A load of hot air.....

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Managed to position myself in this field just before the balloon landed, was chasing it in the car for a good ten minutes before I worked out where to go! I do wish the farmer had placed the hay bails with a bit more precision/uniformity :) The sun rises directly behind this field so I may return one morning to see if theres any chance of a LE with some clouds etc.

Let me know what you think?

Scott

DSC_0176-Edit.jpg

I like the sky, I like the hay bales, I like that the balloon balances the bales, and I love the warmth! But something just doesn't work for me in this... It could be that the balloon is just too far off centre? Mind you, the more I look, the more it's growing on me? Would a smidge off the sky help, or would that just lose the nice cloud on the right? Hmm!

your shot needs to be resized for the forum max side dimension 800
vert shots will then show up in total without having to scroll up and down
i see the balloon but its not really part of this ideal harvest shot
a square crop taking the unclouded sky and some land would put this in our faces...with some pp and sans balloon
cheers
geof

he says NO

Thanks guys, I will have a play around with it and see if I can improve it somehow [emoji106]

I think you're right in wishing the farmer had spaced out the bales as they're too close for a clean composition. You probably wanted a maximum of three bales and less land, the bale cropped out on the right is a bit scruffy. There's sadly too many elements in the shot competing for attention. They're straw bales by the way, hay bales are made earlier in the summer from cut grass ;)

Totally agree, i think if there were less straw bails it would maybe work a bit better, didn't have much time to compose it better as the balloon landed in the next field.....need to work on my composition skills ;)

Back