A Local band promo shot

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, just a quick one..

I was asked to take a few shots for a local band for some promo use..

Below is the shot I find works the best.. It's yet to be 'touched'. What would YOU do to the image to make it, stand out..? It has to remain colour, as it will be published in next weeks local paper..

DSC03855.jpg

Shame about the clutter on the RHS to be honest. :(

Much appreciated as usual. :)

Its a good shot - although I'm not sure that the top half does much for me. I'd adjust the levels and probably increase saturation to get the scarf and the jeans to stand out a bit more. But if it were my choice, I'd do it in B&W with a big contrast boost.

A bit like this:

DSC03855_1_.jpg

or

DSC03855_2_.jpg

I didn't bother cropping - quick and dirty edits just to give you an idea of what I was getting at.

what i would do is not everybodies cup of tea but ...

Contrast up, brightness down (to make sure no detail is lost)
Grunge brushes on a new layer in the backround
Darken areas such as sides and bottom so main focus is the band that are light up almost.
Sharpening, just to give it that extra umph

The brushes bit is a bit more digital art than photography but...

2002703843446594790_rs.jpg

Dave

EDIT, ive totally forgot to delete the grunge pattern from there legs. But you get the jist

Dave, that is excellent!! (Got a high-res copy available :p?)

Thanks for the input here people! I have something very similar to that of Mobilevirgin's, I will upload and host the photos tomorrow. (along with some others..)

Thank youu! :)

Great edit Dave...

Jimmeh, what was with the pink fluffy scarf, kinda doesn't fit with the image but may have some significance that i'm not aware of?

Lee, the singer (Acer..) usually wears the scalf to gigs etc.. probably some sort of comfort blanket.. :p I actually thinks it works quite well in the image..?

Si Micklewright, I like concept behind your image, but I don't think it works very well in this particular instance. It's a bit harsh on my eyes.. probably due to the shutter doors in the background?

I'm in the office today, so I will upload the images later this evening.

Thanks again!

Heres my version of the above shot..

DSC03855.jpg

and some others..

#1 group outside
DSC03925.jpg

#2 group inside
group2i.jpg

#3 group inside
DSC03894.jpg

#4 group inside angle
DSC03886.jpg

That's all for now.

What do you think? Which are your favourites, what would you have done differently & why?

One thing I will slate is the focus. The majority of them are out of focus, quite badly. Because of the angles I was working from I couldn't set the tripod up.. How do people cope here..? They're not too obvious (to the unexperienced eye..) small size, but full size its more than noticeable. :(

Images are yet to be watermarked/boardered..

Thanks all.:)

From your latest post, number 1 outside really appeals, the toning works well I think.

#1 group outside is the most interesting - the water, shadows and reflections make for an interesting shot. Pity its got focus / motion blur issues.

But I prefer the original shot - and in B&W :)

I like the vignetting that's been done on some of the edits - it works well.

Back