A look back at 2020

The constable country in Spring and Yosemite are the ones that stands out head and shoulders above the others.

Think I'd prefer the Yosemite in the summer though. Snow doesn't massively do it for me. The colours of that constable one are to die for.

Last edited:
The constable country in Spring and Yosemite are the ones that stands out head and shoulders above the others.

Think I'd prefer the Yosemite in the summer though. Snow doesn't massively do it for me. The colours of that constable one are to die for.

Cheers... the Yosemite workshop was definitely the highlight of the year, (I was due to be back there later this month after a week in the Canadian rockies :rolleyes::() and that morning the highlight of the trip... but... summer?! If gorgeous crisp light in pristine fresh snow doesnt get you going there's something wrong with you:ROFLMAO:

Very good Justin - and you even managed to get the sun coming up through Durdle Door.

Cheers, I managed to run a socially distanced workshop there in early December before the known world went in Tier 4! That shot was grabbed in about 2 minutes when the sun was out between showers!

Cheers, I managed to run a socially distanced workshop there in early December before the known world went in Tier 4! That shot was grabbed in about 2 minutes when the sun was out between showers!

Nice one. I'm jealous because I've been twice and neither time did the sun show for me like that. Debated going this year, but in the end did the 'right thing' - there will be other opportunities. :)

Cheers... the Yosemite workshop was definitely the highlight of the year, (I was due to be back there later this month after a week in the Canadian rockies :rolleyes::() and that morning the highlight of the trip... but... summer?! If gorgeous crisp light in pristine fresh snow doesnt get you going there's something wrong with you:ROFLMAO:

If lovely deep green grasses and vibrant green leaves on tree's don't get you going then there is something wrong with you ;)

If lovely deep green grasses and vibrant green leaves on tree's don't get you going then there is something wrong with you ;)
Joking aside, I actually enjoy photographing all of the seasons but for greenery I'd go for spring rather than summer when the greens are fresher, the sunrises slightly later and in the case of Yosemite the waterfalls flowing better and the tourists less abundant!

In actual fact I think spring is my favourite season

Joking aside, I actually enjoy photographing all of the seasons but for greenery I'd go for spring rather than summer when the greens are fresher, the sunrises slightly later and in the case of Yosemite the waterfalls flowing better and the tourists less abundant!

In actual fact I think spring is my favourite season

Yeah late spring is lovely - the vibrancy and freshness of it is amazing.

In terms of mood and atmosphere - that Constable shot hits it out the park IMHO.

There is something that is a bit lacking on the Yosemite shot, perhaps too much happening in the foreground or lack of snow?

Tollesbury is pretty good place to be, dramatic low and high tide, splended wildlife, you can even walk on the rough pastures. Give good lighting, some fog in the morning it would be magic. Did you walk pass those aligned dead trees?

Otherwise all are equally good picks Justin well done :notworthy::giggle:

There is something that is a bit lacking on the Yosemite shot, perhaps too much happening in the foreground or lack of snow?

Tollesbury is pretty good place to be, dramatic low and high tide, splended wildlife, you can even walk on the rough pastures. Give good lighting, some fog in the morning it would be magic. Did you walk pass those aligned dead trees?

Otherwise all are equally good picks Justin well done :notworthy::giggle:

Thanks, yes I've shot those trees a few times... I know Tollesbury quite well, it was one of the locations in my Photographing East Anglia book and will definitely be in the Essex guidebook.

Back