a man to be proud of (WW2 vet)

Name
david
Edit My Images
Yes
this was taken on sunday only had a quick play with the image so not much done but i think it works we because of it being a dull day and it being a sad time as we remember those who lost their lives.

_DSC0012.jpg

many thanks
dave

I feel it has far too much space above the subject, maybe a crop down to just below the parapet and a quick play with levels would improve this shot no end

Les ;)

it's good insofar as you've obviously captured him in a very contemplative moment, but on the whole it doesn't really work for me as well as the shots in your other thread. Looks pretty soft/maybe slightly oof and the background is a bit distracting (especially with the cordon tape running through his head). Could use a crop and level tweaking to make it pop more as it looks a bit flat..maybe try it in black and white with a bit of sharpening/more contrast?

also, and this is probably a bit of a pedantic thing so apologies in advance, but you should have an apostrophe in your watermark... ;)

Not many of these veterans left today. I totally understand your sentiments behind your shot. Well done and let us all never forget these heroes of yesterday and today.

Back