A Mandarin in the sun

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Some of you may need to look up what the word "sun" means - its been a while since we saw it up here in Yorkshire :rolleyes:

Took this back in June when we had better weather.

I liked the overload of colours and managed to grab the shot before the duck decided it didn't like the large lens pointing at it and swam into a reed bed.

Got as low as possible to take the shot.

Colour overload by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Edit - updated following suggestion below

Last edited:
Great colours, and i love the reflection and the green water below the bird, just a slight shame about the brown background above just ever so slightly takes my eye away from the beautiful bird, but i appreciate there is little you can do about it if that's where the bird decides to stop

Great colours, and i love the reflection and the green water below the bird, just a slight shame about the brown background above just ever so slightly takes my eye away from the beautiful bird, but i appreciate there is little you can do about it if that's where the bird decides to stop

I agree about the top section. I did try cropping more but felt it was a bit tight for the head. I could try darkening that area a bit I suppose or selectively darkening the stand out areas. Will take a look when I get home.

Last edited:
That's nice Dave, great detail, well composed and very nice colour.(y)

George.

Back