A missed photo opportunity

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Just popped over to our local shop, and as I came back out of the shop, I missed a possible interesting photo. A policewoman was sat in a police car, and she was just about to take a big bite, out of a cream bun. That opportunity would have suited my Fuji XF10, set to snapshot mode, so no faffing trying to lock focus. Her window was wound down, so it would have been a nice clear photo.

But, I forgot to take my camera. :confused: Maybe it was just as well, she might not have liked me snapping a photo of her.

PS

The way some members have been commenting lately, not looking for rude comments, thanks. ;)

The way some members have been commenting lately, not looking for rude comments, thanks. ;)

Maybe you should make a better choice of subject matter then?

I fail to see how taking a photo of a police officer grabbing some food on the run would make a decent, interesting picture - unless of course you are pandering to an American cliche and attempting to take the p155 out of them?

The police aren't subject to employment law protections (unlike the other blue light services) and therefore don't get a statutory one hour meal break during their shift.
If they are lucky, and circumstances allow, then they get an unofficial 45 minutes break - but only if that fits in with their shift.

So they have to grab energy food on the run.

Perhaps think of that next time?

I fail to see how taking a photo of a police officer grabbing some food on the run would make a decent, interesting picture - unless of course you are pandering to an American cliche and attempting to take the p155 out of them?

The police aren't subject to employment law protections (unlike the other blue light services) and therefore don't get a statutory one hour meal break during their shift.
If they are lucky, and circumstances allow, then they get an unofficial 45 minutes break - but only if that fits in with their shift.

The ambulance service isn’t an Emergency Service (it’s an essential service) when I was an EMT we got a 30 minute unpaid break, the legal minimum for 8 hours, on our standard 12 hour shift we got 30 minutes unpaid (for 8 hours) plus 15 minute (for the other 4 hours) during which we could and usually were called for jobs. All to be taken anywhere within the six counties of East Anglia we covered. Never criticise any emergency worker grabbing what they can, when they can….

Sorry to have annoyed you.

It is getting to be hard work posting on this forum. I am begining to dislike using this forum.

Why are you apologising?
It's up to you what you take photos of....
Yes exactly.

But some people get annoyed. It's no longer enjoyable using this forum. As when I post something I am just waiting for the unwelcome comments to start. Maybe it's time to move on.

I had this great idea for a bit of a photo day. But on second thoughts, I had better keep it to myself. Otherwise it will just get knocked down.

Maybe it's time to move on.
I wouldn't. Just ignore the criticism if you don't think it's justified.

Coppers are people like anyone else (at least I think so, with two in the family). Moreover, they know they're of interest to their fellow citizens and are more likely than most to either ignore a camera or ham it up.

Policeman at railway station Unknown Camera 1996 09-35.jpg

It could have been a builder or window cleaner, about to take a bite out of a pie, it could have still been an interesting photo to try and capture. I would not have intended such a photo of a policewoman taking a bite out of a bun, to be made fun of. It would have merely been capturing an event I saw. :)

It could have been a builder or window cleaner, about to take a bite out of a pie, it could have still been an interesting photo to try and capture. I would not have intended such a photo of a policewoman taking a bite out of a bun, to be made fun of. It would have merely been capturing an event I saw. :)
It's just street photography.....

It is getting to be hard work posting on this forum. I am begining to dislike using this forum.

I think that would of made a fantastic photo ! and I know what you mean about posting on here. I think it's just a reflection of society now that people go out of thier way to be offended by anything ! I'm not a big fan of the modern Police now days anyway ! anyway I'm offended that your offended so who's the most offended and whose right and wrong ? This thread will probably now turn into something it never was ! :(:(:(

Last edited:
I think that would of made a fantastic photo ! and I know what you mean about posting on here. I think it's just a reflection of society now that people go out of thier way to be offended by anything ! I'm not a big fan of the modern Police now days anyway !
Me being an older person, I am invisible to police now. When I was a youngster, now that was a different matter. I was always getting stopped, and treated not very nice. Reasons I will not go into, seeing this is a public forum. ;-)

Me being an older person, I am invisible to police now. When I was a youngster, now that was a different matter. I was always getting stopped, and treated not very nice. Reasons I will not go into, seeing this is a public forum. ;-)
We have very similar experiences !

This is just the type of shot that Martin Parr would capture.

Dave

To be honest, this issue of upsetting folk is common on most forums, certainly all the ones I am a member of (here, car forums, work forums, watch forums, precious metal forums).

We're all different and you will never please everyone.

Live your life and post away.

I personally think people can get offended about silly things these days....but that is my opinion.

I just try not to aim anything directly at members / race / religion / gender or anything like that.

Love it.

But I don't like your camera and lens so there :ROFLMAO:

dvh8l1G.jpg

:D

It's not bad for something designed and made in a garden shed.

Some people just have 'small willy syndrome' and like to have a poke or dig at someone just because they feel like it - not because it was justified. It is especially prevalent on internet forums because people can remain anonymous.

Luckily, we don't get too much of it on here as people are happy to use their real names due to the nature of the subject. This is one of the reasons I've stuck around on this forum - most others I've used in the past have had far too many 'tossers' anonymously hiding behind their keyboard because they know that given a real life situation, they would probably get a punch in the mouth.

I've always followed this advice; 'A closed mouth gathers no foot' and 'Remain civil at all times, as a punch in the mouth often offends'.

I'm also an avid user of the 'ignore' function, so I don't even get to see posts from the people that I find vexatious.

It's just certain people. Use the ignor button and they are gone forever, ah bliss.
That's what I do, damn useful and occasionally funny when you turn if off, see the rant then turn it back on again :)

Just ignore the criticism if you don't think it's justified.
This

I'm also an avid user of the 'ignore' function
And this, if the above doesn't work.

Not decrying the validity of the negative comments, because like most things, it's subjective (and I may not have seen them due to the above :)). Some people do have an innate knack of getting under my skin though and the ignore feature has made me a much happier forum member.

Or get a film camera and don't leave the F&C section :)

Back