A Much Needed Dose Of...

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
....Colour

Hope you enjoy these...comments and critique are always very welcome :)

1) Spring Has Sprung

4406416271_7afd549ace_o.jpg

2) On The Inside

4407109852_4229f7b86b_o.jpg

3) Splash

4407377718_e157c64b3b_o.jpg

4) Tulip Wave

4407105108_e25b97ac43_o.jpg

5) Reaching For The Blue

4407377964_51c8ef3067_o.jpg

Colours are superb. First is strongest for me, I love the composition & DOF. Third is next fave. I feel the IVY & Sky is weakest link here, probably looses impact due to the lack of lovely warm colours. Ditto RE black backdrop flower.
G.

No 1 is just simple and looks very nice imho..

md

Love no 2 :)

Cheers Maria :)

Colours are superb. First is strongest for me, I love the composition & DOF. Third is next fave. I feel the IVY & Sky is weakest link here, probably looses impact due to the lack of lovely warm colours. Ditto RE black backdrop flower.
G.

Ta Gary - much obliged - the ivy shot appealed from a kind of abstract point of view :) I agree it doesnt quite slot in with the others :)

No 1 is just simple and looks very nice imho..

md

Cheers md :) Appreciated :)

Amazing pics, really colourful.

Lance.

Thankee Lance , glad you like 'em! :)

A departure from your usual subjects John and a nice colourful set to herald spring here on the forum(y)

Tulipwave is my fave for the simplicity and dark background(y)

Just happened across this thread. The colour and sharpness in all of your photos are so well defined I could cut my eyes just by looking at them. Excellent work, and have become a fan of your work.
I've actually taken some crocus photos yesterday with my S5600 but haven't got around to preparing them for internet showing. Seeing your thread will prompt me to sort that out later on today.

Ian thanks for your kind words :)

Seems to be some cross inspiration here :) Look forward to seeing your shots later ! :D

#1 and #4 for me John.

I love the colours, light, and overall vibrancy in all these shots, very much needed after what seems like the longest winter.

I really like #1 because of the natural surroundings, and the way the sunlight is blasting right through the golden petals, with the petals blasting their gorgeous colour right back!
A lovely little taste of spring (y)

#4 I really like because I love the way the eyepopping colour works against the classic black.

The ivy doesnt quite work for me either, but for me its due the dof used rather than anything else, as I love the blue sky background.

Keep it up John, you might just get me out there amongst the flora too at this rate (y)

Back