A new child is born......(um, lens that is)

Edit My Images
Yes
An so the lord came unto me as I was in a decent slumber and he spoke -

'Diego, I wish to present you with a Canon. Not a foolish weapon to harm your fellow man but a tool to put light onto parchment, for the world to rejoice in your knowledge my son.'

And so I said

'but sweet Lord, why me? Have I really been that good my learned friend?'

'Why yes'

he retorted.

'For you work hard week in week out and you have a good soul. You ask people of nothing and yet you give everything. My son for I have lost count of how many surround kits you have set up or how many curtain rails you have put up at your brothers grand home which makes your abode look like the room it is'

'but sweet Lord, can I justify this outlay?'

'Diego, you only live once and remember what I said to my son Jesus some time ago, get it right first time'

And so it came to pass the on this day Diego Garcia become a Canon L owner. And the people did rejoice. There was much merriment had by all, children danced around open fires, women embraced men and a smile beamed from the tired Diego who realised that the gift from the heavens would open up the rest of the world to him.

It was time to leave Eden.......

Picture008.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Amen Brother Diego. :D

:LOL: Now that is a big lens! look forward to seeing what you can do with it.

ROTFL. This lens will be great for snatching portraits at all distances.;)

Wise choice! :clap:

great sentiment diego, and i couldn't help but notice some underwater photographs on the wall too, any chance you could perhaps show just a couple in the forums, its for my wife, she used to be a diver, she loves the marine lfe..

hehe, well put, enjoy :)

It's a great lens - enjoy :)

Excellent write up. Conspankulations on the new baby (y)

Stop wittering on man and get out there with it !?!

:LOL: :p :LOL:

Looks a serious bit of kit ... wot is it ... :shrug:

:p

Anyway ... what you want a long 'un for ... all your stuff is 'in the face' ... ;)

Du want the £70 voucher?, pm me with your address and I'll post it to you if it helps. :D

Dish the gossip, where du get it from, how much etc....

Boon said:
great sentiment diego, and i couldn't help but notice some underwater photographs on the wall too, any chance you could perhaps show just a couple in the forums, its for my wife, she used to be a diver, she loves the marine lfe..

Yes, thats is me. I dived the great barrier reef last december (05), several times, will post the pics over the weekend. Amazing place to dive. Travelled the length of East coast OZ last year and shot nigh on 5000 pictures.

Want to go back too.

Diego.

Glen said:
Du want the £70 voucher?, pm me with your address and I'll post it to you if it helps. :D

Glen, thanks for the offer but I have the book too and will be cashing that one it for sure.

I bought it from Bristol Cameras, a long stones throw from my place of work. Viewed it twice this week and even phoned up with a false voice trying to force the price down but I paid £1100.00. However, I had £100.00 from the sale of my Sigma 70 - 300 and the voucher so £895.00 effectively. :clap:

Saw it online for £915.00 but felt buying over the counter and handling it was a better option and I strive to support both local and smaller business as I feel that the internet is killing the high street.

Diego. :)

I WANT ONE!!!!!

Glad you've taken the plunge and got it Diego - I look forward to seeing the results with it!

Venomator said:
Stop wittering on man and get out there with it !?!

:LOL: :p :LOL:

Looks a serious bit of kit ... wot is it ... :shrug:

:p

Anyway ... what you want a long 'un for ... all your stuff is 'in the face' ... ;)

Yes but here I can capture from a distance and this will expand how and what I shoot as my second fav subject is sport but will now certainly look to get some wildlife in.

Diego.

Back