A new toy arrives as changes are afoot.

Edit My Images
Yes
Well, my band called it time last week after a few years together.

Both guitarists called it a day on the same night, stating that our last gig was then end of the line, so we went out on a bang.

However, they expected the bassist and the drummer to go to but the three of us have auditioned some new guys and found a red hot lead guy who fitted straight in, as such I am now on dual duties, singing and playing so I bought this baby yesterday, a black Flying V, one of my all time favourite machines.

Sure its an Gibson Epiphone, but had it set up, plays like a dream and is jet 'gothic' black with roman numerals on the rosewood fret board. Sounds great via a marshall stack. 'METAL'......

I think that this may be my 15th guitar purchase over the years....:eek: Needs a good clean already.

The new sound is influenced by Randy Rhoads and Zak Wilde, circa Pride and Glory. Nice.

UNPT0380.jpg

UNPT0376.jpg

UNPT0381.jpg

Happy days :)

You're right, it does need a clean :D

Oooh... nice! My boyfriend and I went out shopping today (supposedly Xmas shopping - yeah - right!!) and he came back with a new guitar. I'll post a pic later ;) (when he actually puts it down) :LOL:

Oh, forgot to say - good luck with the new band too (y)

Nice V m8. I had a white V & a black & white checkerboard Explorer many (25+) years ago when I worked at Carlsboro Sound Centre.

And Randy was one of my heroes, I sold more guitars after learning Dee and Crazy Train than just about anything else (when a newbie guitarist came in the shop looking for a guitar, we'd take them in the booth, whack the Marshall up to 11 and play a well known intro/riff/solo by whichever band they had on their T-Shirt...marketing huh ?)

good luck with it, and to you and minis other half...good buys!

More guitarists here than photographers :cautious:

I am now imagining you in a skin tight suit with a deep plunging V front revealing a horribly hursuit chest. Do you nod a lot? :whistle:

Nice looking guitar, congratulations.

Also say congrats to Dave pls Minimeeze...you're too nice to him you know :D

Nice plank there, I have an "English PRS" (a Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro)

Incidentally, I just ordered tickets to see Steven Segal (yes, THAT Steven Segal) and his band play at Buxton Opera House in february. And before you say anything, he is a pretty good singer, a damn fine blues guitarist and his album "Mojo Priest", while not up there with the works of Stevie Ray Vaughan, is an excellent listen.

Nice :D

Good to hear your band is continuing, despite them :D - Good luck (y)

Back