A night of photography on BBC4. Easter Monday.

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
I’ve just spotted that BBC4 have a night of photography programmes airing on Easter Monday.

Some repeats, but some new stuff too, I think.

• 20:00 Britain in Focus. A Photographic History (1/3).
  • 21:00 Tish. A look at the work of Tish Martha by her daughter.
  • 22:30 Imagine… Vivian Maier: Who Took Nanny’s Photos.
  • 23:40 On Camera: Photographers at the BBC.
  • 00:40 Me, My Selfie and I With Ryan Gander.

Last edited:
Thanks
I’ll have a look
(But tomorrow is Sunday)

Only partially retired

I have to keep track of whether it’s a 2 or 3 working day week
Same. Only these days, when I wake up, that moment of "where tf am I and what day is it?" is getting longer and longer.

After "WHO am I?"?

All set for recording, Thanks

After "WHO am I?"?
my checklist starts with "ok, did I actually make it through another night...", then goes onto the above - days of the week come in around 6 or 7...

(my head's not quite been the same since I lost that 150 seconds when they were re-plumbing my heart the first time about 7.5 years ago - silly little things, just mis-placed words - like I forgot the name of that thing that you use to put sugar in and stir your tea - i knew it was a Spoon, and I knew it was for Tea - but could i hell as remember that it formed a compound word. Oddly I could remember Tablespoons and Desertspoons. )

Reactions: Nod
my checklist starts with "ok, did I actually make it through another night...", then goes onto the above - days of the week come in around 6 or 7...

(my head's not quite been the same since I lost that 150 seconds when they were re-plumbing my heart the first time about 7.5 years ago - silly little things, just mis-placed words - like I forgot the name of that thing that you use to put sugar in and stir your tea - i knew it was a Spoon, and I knew it was for Tea - but could i hell as remember that it formed a compound word. Oddly I could remember Tablespoons and Desertspoons. )

Funny how looking the skeleton in the black robe in the face and telling him where to go gives you a whole new outlook on life!

I still misplace words for a while, only to have them wake me up in the middle of the night and names have never been my strong point.

Before they let me out, I had to make a cup of coffee and the kitchen was up 2 flights of stairs. When I got back to the ward, the person conducting the next test was waiting - the task was to walk up a flight of stairs! The Occupational Therapist that I'd made the cuppa for and I just looked at each other and laughed, much to the surprise of the Physiotherapist who still had to get me to walk up the stairs in front of her...

I’ve just spotted that BBC4 have a night of photography programmes airing on Easter Monday.

Thanks so much for this. I nearly missed it and I've wanted to see the Tish Murtha documentary for a long time now, since I was lucky enough to go to the Photographers Gallery a year or so ago [EDIT: Gosh! Back in 2018!] to discover her work. It was great seeing her photos again, but more importantly to hear what she had to say about the time she lived in.

Last edited:
The Tish Murtha documentary was so good, a brilliant photographer. A very moving story too.

Just seen the Tish documentary. Never heard of her before which I see was a mistake. Very interesting woman. Good point about history not being just about the rich.

The Tish Murtha documentary was so good, a brilliant photographer. A very moving story too.
Agreed, a brilliant photographer and a very good piece of TV. Art is about as rigged as everything else in teh UK and it wouldn't surprise me if her subject matter was too embarrassing to the mates of those who held the purse strings of Art Grants. Such a shame acclaim came too late but very glad it did

Back