A Nutty Classic pose

yep, very nice pose, great light, great background, hard to fault (y)

I love it! totally cracking shot. They are stunning little birds.

went back today just feed them and put fresh water out, didnt take the camera, there was a great spotted woodpecker and a Jay so its proving a popular fast food restaurant for them

Lovely shot, beautifully sharp. Compositionally, as you well know birds look better looking into space in the frame. For me i'd prefer a little more space on the bottom/possibly a little less on the top to balance the feel of the shot.

Many thanks Matt, Andy and Tony (y) I'll try a crop with more at the bottom if it allows cant remember Ill have a look

Last edited:
spot on Dave...
i could have said your horizon was tilted a bit but its not worth being that stupid..;)

It is a classic shot, Dave.

But, if your lens is anything like mine it's sharper at f7.1-8, & I wonder if
you would get better feather detail. You've obviously got plenty of ISO headroom to keep shutter speed up(y)

Great shot, when you say feeding station do you mean just a feeder at the bottom of your garden or...

Sorry for seeming so simple but I feel the need to ask :LOL:

Great shot, when you say feeding station do you mean just a feeder at the bottom of your garden or...

Sorry for seeming so simple but I feel the need to ask :LOL:

No not in the garden its in a local spot though, and no its a log propped up on a bush, some one keeps knocking it over so you have to keep repairing it

Thanks Mark, maybe it is if your the Mark I know who has been feeding the birds there for years (y)

i think it is :)

i dragged that log there about 18 months ago i'm surprised it's survived that long the locals have a habit of destroying my perches within days

just posted a couple of mine in a new post from the same place

i think it is :)

i dragged that log there about 18 months ago i'm surprised it's survived that long the locals have a habit of destroying my perches within days

just posted a couple of mine in a new post from the same place

Hi Mark Ive said Hello on your other thread I thought the perch the nutty was on looks familiar also, is Darrell going to join TP as well it was moved/pushed when I went so I had to put it back, the next day after meeting Darrell up there, wonder why they do it though, I think you get better light there as well rather than under the bushes and the birds have just enough cover so feel safe (y) hope to see you up there soon,

Here some more shots from the day, Darrell and his friend were there also http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=384042

Lovely capture Dave (y) Just wish I could spot some local to me.

No not in the garden its in a local spot though, and no its a log propped up on a bush, some one keeps knocking it over so you have to keep repairing it

Oh right :) I'm going to have to give it a go when I get my new lens, I have a spot in mind that is about a 10 minute walk away and I have never seen any one else there each time I go :)

You're famous by the way, according to my signature ;)

Hi Mark Ive said Hello on your other thread I thought the perch the nutty was on looks familiar also, is Darrell going to join TP as well it was moved/pushed when I went so I had to put it back, the next day after meeting Darrell up there, wonder why they do it though, I think you get better light there as well rather than under the bushes and the birds have just enough cover so feel safe (y) hope to see you up there soon,

Here some more shots from the day, Darrell and his friend were there also http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=384042

it's definitely a better place and the lighting is much better
i don't know why people have the desire to knock things over like they say there's now't queerer than folk
i doub't if darryll will join he doesn't really bother with forums but you never know he might surprise us

Lovely capture Dave (y) Just wish I could spot some local to me.

Thanks very much Rich (y)

Oh right :) I'm going to have to give it a go when I get my new lens, I have a spot in mind that is about a 10 minute walk away and I have never seen any one else there each time I go :)

You're famous by the way, according to my signature ;)

Look forward to seeing your shots

And :LOL: to the famous

Back