A Pano of Bristol

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Thoughts welcome. A panorama of the Baltic Wharf in Bristol. Six (portrait) images taken with Nikon D800E & 85mm f/1.8G. Stitched with PTGui. It is 180cm x 65cm at its native size, 140 mpx.

17470350266_9d4aef3794_h.jpg

Lovely image and great work.

My only thoughts are the fishermen and lady on bottom right hand corner. They are a little distraction for me as the image is so clean otherwise. What does it look like cropped slightly on the RH side?

Edit: Just enlarged the image on my 24" monitor and when using the bottom slider I could crop out the people. Also if you could clone out the fishing net you can still leave the walkway in which keeps interest in the photo.

All IMO, but I can inderstand if you leave them in, to not making the photo to sterile.

Last edited:
One of my favourite views of the city and you've done it very well ... I don't mind the fisherman :)

Great capture and work, just wish I could see it six feet wide, lol.
thanks for sharing
cheers
Tony

:ty:

Lovely image and great work.

My only thoughts are the fishermen and lady on bottom right hand corner. They are a little distraction for me as the image is so clean otherwise. What does it look like cropped slightly on the RH side?.

Cheers Simon. I quite like the people in the image, I think it adds to it. Having a "heartbeat" in an image says something I feel. Saying that, I'm no expert.

One of my favourite views of the city and you've done it very well ... I don't mind the fisherman :)

Thanks Gramps. I'd like to try it again @ 16mm with the UWA. I might get the same scope but in a more normal 2 x 3 aspect ratio rather than the 3 x 1 here. Doing it this way can cause catching a cyclist more than once in the image :)

Looking good. Really like that moody sky, helps bring out the colours in the houses.

Thank you ynot.

I'd suggest it should have a little cooler WB. Certainly the sky should be a little bit blue-ish. That is a typical Bristol weather there, isn't it?

Thanks Tomas. I had thought about that too and I do have two versions where there is a slight cool cast to the sky. I'm easy either way on that.

Great capture and work, just wish I could see it six feet wide, lol.
thanks for sharing
cheers
Tony

Thanks Tony. You can if you buy it :)

Back