A peaceful pidgeon in the rain.

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
No
Not the greatest picture as i shot it through my bedroom window, but i quite like it.

Any comments welcome

Thanks
Rich

pidgeon.jpg

Not the greatest Rich, but certainly not the worst, and you are learning.

The composition is good, the Pigeon is in the right place in the frame.

Focus is so-so but that can be because of shooting through the window.

Exposure looks OK, but the white balance is off a touch, I suspect you are using Auto White Balance, set it to Sunny.

What camera and lens are you using?

hi, it was my first go at using a canon 50d with a 55-250mm IS lens. i will have a look at the white balance settings as i think your right in saying its on auto. Do you tend to change the white balance for each situation or do you find if you set it to sunny that suits most outdoor shooting? thanks for the reply.

Rich

hi, it was my first go at using a canon 50d with a 55-250mm IS lens. i will have a look at the white balance settings as i think your right in saying its on auto. Do you tend to change the white balance for each situation or do you find if you set it to sunny that suits most outdoor shooting? thanks for the reply.

Rich

Good question...I leave it to Sunny, however I am using raw, so I can change anyway.

Even on a cloudy day the light is still coming from the Sun, it would need to be real heavy cloud, or a sunset to change to Cloudy.

The thing is it is digital it is free, alter things and see what happens (y)

Back