a pin hole pit in camera sensor... and Excellent packaging.

Name
Terry
Edit My Images
Yes
I had an immovable spot on my X T30 sensor, and after failing to clean it off twice, I had a closer look with a powerful LED light and a much more powerful magnifier.
What I discovered was a very small dust size " pit" in the glass, but quite clean and sparkly.
I had not noticed it before because with normal aperture it did not show up in images at all, as it was too diffuse.
However using f 22 on a macro lens. showed it up all too well, though still soft edged.
Even though the camera was slightly out of guarantee, I packed it off to Fuji for repair, with a note suggesting that it was most likely always there from new, and they kindly replaced the sensor under guarantee.

I have never heard of such a fault before, and wonder if any one else has heard of such a thing. I realise that all glass can contain flaws and micro bubbles, so perhaps one close to the surface ruptured, possibly under the influence of the ultrasonic cleaning cycle. in any event it is now happily replaced.

Less fortunate... is that it seems that they forgot to re-attach the ribbon connector to the flash module, so neither the shoe, nor the inbuilt flash is functioning. So after a quick phone call to Fuji and another visit to the website to book it back in. I am now waiting for the necessary mailer to send it back to them.

What I found even more interesting, and am very happy about it, is that they have found an alternative to plastic bubble wrap. It is alternating layers of tissue paper and perforated strong wrapping paper, something like a cheese grater. Were every one to use this, plastic pollution could be very much reduced.

It makes a beautifully firm but resilient packaging. Taken with said new sensor.
T30X1343web.jpg

Last edited:
Well done Fuji. Yet another example of great customer service.

I can’t fault Fuji either. I’ve used them on a few occasions and they’ve been fantastic. They also reply to emails, which other companies can’t be bothered to do.

I bought something off their website recently and the first payment lost connection so I paid again a few hours later. It turned out that the first payment went through and I’d actually paid twice but someone from Fuji phoned me to ask if I’d made a mistake and if I’d like to cancel one of the payments. Top service(y)

It seems that their staff who can work from home are doing so. The manager I spoke to was at home.
Those that are hands on, are able to operate normally at work. It looks like they have got it well organised to cope with Covid safely.
But what else would you expect from Fuji. :)

Those that are hands on, are able to operate normally at work. It looks like they have got it well organised to cope with Covid safely.
But what else would you expect from Fuji. :)

That’s why I keep buying them Terry.

I forgot to mention that my wife answered the phone when they called about the payments. I’m glad they did what they did but it dropped me right in it, deep :ROFLMAO:

That’s why I keep buying them Terry.

I forgot to mention that my wife answered the phone when they called about the payments. I’m glad they did what they did but it dropped me right in it, deep :ROFLMAO:

Yup, GAS can be very painful and affect relationships ;)

Back