A Powerful Apple (Floating edit added)

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Well given some of the ideas suggested from my Painted Apple thread from a couple of days ago I thought that I would put into place the idea of a illuminated from within or glowing apple, here is the result

297/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Done by cutting a torch sized hole into the apple and then carving out the inside of the apple to make a nice cavity, then insert a torch and turn it on :bonk:

A with all my pictures C&C is really wanted and appreciated (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Last edited:
Very well done, would never have though of carving a hole in a piece of fruit then lighting it. Works well on black too.

Wow, that's good, well worth the effort involved.

Think it would look fab if you could suspend it so theres no reflected colour/light on the bottom or what its sat on, just a suspended apple (y)

Very well done, would never have though of carving a hole in a piece of fruit then lighting it. Works well on black too.

Honestly I cannot say it was my idea, it was a suggestion in my other recent apple thread so I had to give it a go :D I'm really pleased you like it

Lit up like a pumpkin!

Indeed it is :LOL:

A really spooky effect, appropriate to the season ;)

I like it.

Thanks Tina, I hadn't really looked at it like that but yeah I see what you mean :D

Wow, that's good, well worth the effort involved.

Thank you, I think so to, it's always great to have a bit of work pay off :D

:clap: nice Matt (y) good stuff mate

LOL you seen my pumpkin carving ha ha

Think it would look fab if you could suspend it so theres no reflected colour/light on the bottom or what its sat on, just a suspended apple (y)

Thanks Dave, you have an idea there and I still have an apple with a torch sticking out of it in the kitchen so give me 5 minutes and I'm sure I can sort that :D

Matt

Looks good Matt, think you could have light painted the stem as well, I also think in hind sight it needs the reflected light maybe try having it a few inches below so it is still suspended/floating, think I like the POV better on the first as you can see the top, rather than flat on, as it looks more illuminated, if you know what I mean, and you havent eaten the apple :LOL:

Prefer the original spooky one as it is more clearly an apple. A Very subjective opinion!

I do myself I'm trying to think of a way to improve the floating aspect :thinking:

I know what I think is not quite right IMHO. It needs a shadow, just a hint of color to give the imperssion that the apple floating.

I'm still preferring the first to the second I don't think that the floating aspect it quite right yet, I can see there is potential in the idea just need to iron out some kinks first for it to work really well ;)

Def the first one for me, an amazing result, well done:clap:

Thank you, I'm really pleased with the first one (y)

Looks good Matt, think you could have light painted the stem as well, I also think in hind sight it needs the reflected light maybe try having it a few inches below so it is still suspended/floating, think I like the POV better on the first as you can see the top, rather than flat on, as it looks more illuminated, if you know what I mean, and you havent eaten the apple :LOL:

I would loved have light painted the stem but my my only little torch was in the apple :bang: the rest are far too powerful for this :bang: I when to the PoV that I did because I wanted to show the bottom of the apple to show that it was floating but I too prefer the first PoV :p there was very little of the apple left after I'd finished with it :eek:

Matt
MWHCVT

I like the first one it's really cool and original, what if you carve out an evil face on it like a pumpkin kinda thing! Just a suggestion.

I like the first one it's really cool and original, what if you carve out an evil face on it like a pumpkin kinda thing! Just a suggestion.

Thank you, you do have an idea there (y) and it may well be a development for another time (y)

Hmm might try this with a pumpkin also as its Halloween :)

I hope that if do you will post it for us to see (y) thats the kind of thing that this forum is for :D

Matt
MWHCVT

I really like that!! great idea!

Defo for the first mate works alot better, im stuck for ideas today as lisa wouldnt allow me to suspend the lil one in the air and light paint her:shrug:

Thedodo said:
Defo for the first mate works alot better, im stuck for ideas today as lisa wouldnt allow me to suspend the lil one in the air and light paint her:shrug:

:LOL: :LOL: I'm sure my wonderful little niece would love being light painted :D not sure she would stop still ;)

Back