a practise wedding shoot

mattmcdaid

Edit My Images
No
hi guys,

please take a look at my some candid shots i took at a friends wedding a few weeks back and it would be great if you could leave mefeedback where applicable.

i am fairly new to photography and a few other friends have asked me to do the honours at their wedding but when your new to it, its a big commitment to take on especially if things go wrong on the day for whatever reason. its something im really nervous about doing.

anyhow, take a look and see what you think.

laura_n_matt001.jpg

laura_n_matt002.jpg

laura_n_matt003.jpg

laura_n_matt004.jpg

laura_n_matt005.jpg

laura_n_matt006.jpg

laura_n_matt007.jpg

laura_n_matt008.jpg

laura_n_matt009.jpg

laura_n_matt012.jpg

These are a really good photos, i'm not sure if the first one in black and white works the dress looks to white and i'm presuming he is the groom is a bit blurred to me. The others work really well though.(y):welcome:

Last edited:
They're not bad, good expressions and timing, but sooo tight, I feel claustrophobic looking at them. Open up a bit and give the subject space to breathe.

BTW you see a lot of people shoot like this when they start weddings, myself included ...

Last edited:
i htink you have some really good shots here, most are missing the tops of their heads though.

i htink you have some really good shots here, most are missing the tops of their heads though.

ooops i missed that, i should take more note and not critique just yet :D

thanks guys! great point regarding the poor framing. luckily i still have the originals 'un-cropped' so i can correct that. (y)

Oh, and it's usually good form to shoot some blokes other than just the groom ;)

not if you'd have seen the blokes! :shake:

seriously though, i have only posted some of my better pics up on here which coincidently happen to be women. (y)

thanks for the feedback guys!

well having only picked up my DSLR just over a year ago you could say that i'm really still trying to establish my style. it wasnt until you guys pointed it out about me cropping off the tops of peoples heads that i actually realised i was doing it. subliminally, i felt it just helped the overall composition. maybe portait photography is the way to go for me?

Kit used:
Sony Alpha 100
Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 lens
18-70mm lens

These pics are really very good and I'm sure that if they were for a regular customer they would be very pleased.

Have you looked at the work of Jeff Ascough? He seems to be Top Dog in weddings these days.

http://www.jeffascough.com/

Take time to look, subscrib to his blog and be inspired. It looks to me that you have the talent to seak out the moment which is what it's all about in my opinion.

Keep at it.

thanks for all the feedback guys! the links offer some really inspiring reference too! very much appreciated! (y)

Back