A question about non branded batteries

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
I am going on a day's Canon EOS experience seminar and their advice is to take a second battery for my Canon 450D.

The Canon branded battery is about £30 (ouch!) so my question is would an unbranded make be just as good?
There looks to be a pretty good deal going in the 7dayshop at the mo and would like to take advantage of this if they are any good.

Thanks in advance for your help

Personally I would stick with either OEM or 3rd party manufacturers like Energizer and Uniross.

Unbranded.

Use em in my HV20 and my Nikon D700 - no worries (and also my mobile phone)

I use Hahnel HL-511s in my 40D and their capacity is larger than the official Canon ones. Really impressed with them and no problems so far..

Not sure if they make them for the 450D yet or whether they use the same units as the 400D etc. etc.

I've just bought two extra unbranded batteries for my 400D from a seller on fleabay for less than £10 delivered the pair.

Work just fine.

I have 3 non original batteries for my D80. Have them for about 2 months or something like that. No complaints what-so-ever. They have amazing battery life.

I'm with everybody else. I use plenty unbranded (from ebay and 7dayshop) for my 350D and 40D, never had a problem.

I am going on a day's Canon EOS experience seminar and their advice is to take a second battery for my Canon 450D.

The Canon branded battery is about £30 (ouch!) so my question is would an unbranded make be just as good?
There looks to be a pretty good deal going in the 7dayshop at the mo and would like to take advantage of this if they are any good.

Thanks in advance for your help

I alternate between a pair of Genuine Canon 511's and a pair of el-cheapo 7dayshop batteries in my 5D and experience no difference whatsoever. I can't see why their batteries for other camera models should be any different.

I got a set of these for my D300 from them,would not work, they then sent me another set,free of charge, still not working

Try chargin' em:LOL::D

Sorry couldn't resist.:geek:

7 day shop specials for me - I have 4 batteries in total, 1 Canon that came with the camera, the rest el cheapos. No difference in terms of capacity or perfermance.

Expect the next poster to tell you how a non-OEM battery caused Hiroshima or something...

You got it :LOL: got one of ebay last week , uk supplier for 40D , would"t take a charge , returned for refund.
It not put me off *** , just ordered one elswhere .

I grabbed a £6 non branded ebay battery as a spare for my 450d. It's life isn't quite as good as the Canon battery, but it works perfectly well as a backup.

I got 2 phottix 450D batteries for less than a tenner from HK and they're fine, in fact they seem to last a bit longer than the Canon one!! :D

Always use Ansmann along with my Canon original that came with the camera and notice no real difference between the two. Usually buy from Battery Force as they give 5% off on further purchases after your fist.

7Day batteries are fine, I'd be a bit wary of shopping there just now though, after the card cloning incidents we've been hearing of.

I've got 6 batteries for 2 bodies.

3 genuine and 3 aftermarket. The 2 unbranded ones are higher capacity and last longer. My main body is gripped so I use matched pairs in this, the other doesn't have a grip so I use these individually. All batteries are labelled so its easy to keep track of which is which.

Try chargin' em:LOL::D

Sorry couldn't resist.:geek:
Very good,even tried charging overnight.I also bought an unbranded one for my A350,it works fine.But as I said above the supplier sent me another pair free of charge,which you cant fault them

pm wbessada on here for the appropriate ones for your camera, I got a couple a while back and they're more powerful (greater mA) than the oem's...last longer :)

7 day shop specials for me - I have 4 batteries in total, 1 Canon that came with the camera, the rest el cheapos. No difference in terms of capacity or perfermance.

I've got seven BP511s from 7Day & use them in my 300D & 30D , genuine Canon are 1390mAH & the 7day ones are 1500mAH (y)

i bought some for my 400d and they came with the battery grip and they were rubbish! not sure why but they didnt want to hold charge! pay the 30

I've got seven BP511s from 7Day & use them in my 300D & 30D , genuine Canon are 1390mAH & the 7day ones are 1500mAH (y)

Any sign of nuclear armageddon from them?

No... I thought not...

I have a battery that came free from DIGITALREV on ebay which I use with my D200. My wife also got a free battery with her D40x neither of which has caused any problems and also they last just as long.

However the battery I got from ebay (NOT digitalrev) for my Canon IXUS500 died a death after not being charged for a year although the Canon still works perfectly even after not being charged for the same amount of time.

Any sign of nuclear armageddon from them?

No... I thought not...

I've only had some of them for 4 years, give them a chance (y)

The only problem I've got with them is the fact that they last longer & are at least £65 cheaper than the Canons, still I suppose I can put up with that :shrug:

*Just realised , 7day battery - £5 , Canon battery (from Jessops) £70.

That's £455 saved on batteries :eek:

7Day batteries are fine, I'd be a bit wary of shopping there just now though, after the card cloning incidents we've been hearing of.

I must have missed this, has there been a specific prob with 7 Day?

I also go for the non branded, BTW, in case anyone accuses me of going off thread.....!!!
George

There are cheap batteries - zinc compound, have very limited power OK for hand held fans.
Best to obtain alkaline compound of 2500m/a, though again limited to around 100 digital pictures.
Mercury compound type, liable to leakage on run down.
Rechargeable batteries again retain Max power less than with alkaline batteries.

Back