A question for all you Peli case owners

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a quicky....

When packing a body with large lens attached, and small lens for that matter, do you pack it so when the case is being pulled along, the lens is pointing down or pointing up? Or doesn't it matter?

Thanks

Just a quicky....

When packing a body with large lens attached, and small lens for that matter, do you pack it so when the case is being pulled along, the lens is pointing down or pointing up? Or doesn't it matter?

Thanks
Much prefer not to transport with lens attached in case it causes damage to the mount, however common sense would say lens pointing down then the only weight transference to the lens/camera mounts is from the camera body which invariably weighs less than a lens, imagine the pressure being placed on a camera mount if theres a bleeding great 400mm f/2.8 bearing down on it, treble/quadruple that force if youre dragging the peli over uneven surfaces and banging it up and down kerbs, is it really worth keeping the body attached at all.

To be honest, if you have got the camera sitting in the form inserts, it should not make any difference. I use Peli Cases for caving, so my cases are pushed and pulled in all directions and floated across lakes, and my DSLR with 24-70 has never suffered any ill effects.

To be honest, if you have got the camera sitting in the form inserts, it should not make any difference. I use Peli Cases for caving, so my cases are pushed and pulled in all directions and floated across lakes, and my DSLR with 24-70 has never suffered any ill effects.
Not really any weight of significance in the 24-70 compared to a rather massive and hefty 10lb of the 400mm.

But yes, a 24-70 wouldnt be a problem and i doubt a 70-200 would either, wouldnt risk anything bigger and heavier though, we are talking about the Peli being in an upright position and hence the lens and camera as well

Last edited:
Back