A quick Question - Sigma 18-50 F/2.8 or Canon 17-40 F/4?

wez130

Steak,wedges and a pint
Edit My Images
Yes
Which should i buy?
I know the 17-40 is a great lens buth the 18-50 is half the price, faster and covers a wider range, so which should i go and buy and why?

Wez,

Don't discount picking up a 2nd hand 17-35/2.8L or a 28-70/2.8L. Both will come in at a very reasonable price and the only decision is the range you really want.

Bob

I've just gone mad:eek:

I've just spent about £300 more than i wanted to, but picked up a 24-105 F/4L for £625 from Jessops, it was advertised at £700 and another store were selling them for £550 (i later found out these are unboxed without hood etc but didn't tell Jessops :D) but had none in stock, i went to Jessops again and asked them to price match and they said they would only price match if the other store had them in stock, which they hadn't, so i asked them if they would meet me half way and they agreed :D, I even got a Skylight filter half price :D

Nice lens Wez (y)

By the way I've just bought a sigma 18-50 2.8 for my mrs that you could try out next time we meet if you like.

Hehe thanks Braeden, but i think i'll resist the temptation for a while, i'd end up selling a kidney or something :O

Looks like yourrr dooomed now Wez. Time and time again that little red ring hypnotises people...you get out of the shop and think "why did I do that"?

Be warned, it'll be a 600/4 next time.

Bob

lol Bob, i know about it already, i knew i'd fall for the red ring again after i bought my 70-200, and i had a play of this 24-105 today and it was nicely weighted on my 30D, i was humming and ahhing at £700 but knock £75 off the price and it seems a bit better :D

Next i'll be after a long zoom i think - i might look at the sigma 170-500 over the canon 100-400 though - i'll see once my wallets recovered from this one :D

Back