A quiet lunch

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Sat having my sandwiches lunchtime, with not much action on the feeders then a few sparrows, a blue tit, followed by a blackbird. Then just as I finished what I thought was a wood pigeon flew down and it was this guy, quickly rattled off nine shots in the 26 seconds that he hung around before leaving empty handed. These were shot using MRAW as I was experimenting in the quality at lower resolution of 8meg to see how the higher pixel density compared with the 8meg shots from my 350D. I must say I'm well impressed.

The first is a full image the others are cropped to some degree.

Img_0279.jpg

Img_0282c.jpg

Img_0283c.jpg

Img_0284c.jpg

Thats no Woody Ken :LOL::LOL:

Excellent stuff!! Well and truly nailed it on the spot imo :clap::clap: You must be well pleased

Thanks folks, a bit different from the usual fare of sparrows, blue tits, sparrows, wood pigeons, sparrows, collared doves, sparrows............... :D

They are cracking pictures Ken well done!! I assume that the camera was on the tripod? Also what ISO, shutter speed and exposure did you use?

Those are some crackers there Ken, I love them. The 2nd one is a winner in my book - maybe a wee bit sharper than the rest?

Yes, I go along with that.
Super shots.

No tripod used it was handheld, 1/160 f8 1600 ISO, the Sigma has an awesome OS system. That and years of practice with an Olympus OM1n and no IS system :LOL:

You've done very well there Ken, a huge improvement on your previous shots :clap:

Massive improvement bud, well done. Pretty much nailed it with the first image..........:clap:

Back