A "quieter" chaffinch

Edit My Images
Yes
_MG_4287.jpg

I followed Robert's advice and experimented with under exposing when using high iso settings on the 350D. Noise at iso 400+ has bee a major problem. This is at iso 1600 and well sharpened to expose noise before a quick auto fix with neatimage on =1/3 stop exposure. The little fella just sat there and let me take a range of different iso settings for once. From RAW and no other post processing.

Chaff200so.jpg

This at my usual iso 200 setting but a + full stop over exposed. Same sharpening but no noise reduction. From RAW - curves - sharpen - crop and resize for web.

Lovely shot, but that background is FAR from quiet, louder than 80's dayglo! :D :D :D

I followed Robert's advice and experimented with under exposing when using high iso settings on the 350D. Noise at iso 400+ has bee a major problem. This is at iso 1600 and well sharpened to expose noise before a quick auto fix with neatimage on =1/3 stop exposure. The little fella just sat there and let me take a range of different iso settings for once. From RAW and no other post processing.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Blue"]Thats pretty cool :thumbs:
I must try that sometime TFS[/COLOR]

that background is FAR from quiet, louder than 80's dayglo! :D :D :D

Do you mind - I put hours of work on that lawn! It is amazing how the green shows when out of focus - must try selectively desaturating the green

wow! thats one green lawn!!!!!!!!! I'm impressed! :clap:

Back