A quote to set the toungs waging?

CJS

Edit My Images
Yes
Here is a quote from 'Digital Camera Reviews' that got me reading twice . . . the entire 'Conclusions' page was interesting, and these two paragraphs in particular:

Quote:

. . . "Image quality is definitely the D5100's trump card. It offers effectively the same image quality as the higher-end D7000, at a lower cost, and it's hard to argue that this is not a good thing. Since we're comparing the D5100 to the D7000, it is also worth noting that of the thousands of frames that we've shot with the D5100, we haven't seen the same overexposure problem that bothered us with the D7000 in some conditions.
At low ISO settings, the D5100 is on a par with the best of the competition, but at the higher ISO settings, it produces some of the best image quality that we've ever seen from an APS-C camera. Noise levels are impressively low, and default noise reduction does a good job of controlling chroma noise while still preserving detail. The D5100's 16MP sensor is one of a new generation with an impressively low noise floor, and as such, a huge amount can be drawn out of both its JPEG and RAW files. JPEG shooters will love the ability to shoot with Active D-Lighting turned on with little penalty in noise levels (or continuous shooting performance) and more advanced users will enjoy the malleability of its NEF files."

Especially the over 'exposure issue' . . . ignore by many who bought, 'no longer a problem' observe DCR . . . in the D5100!!!:shrug: Has the problem now been resolved in the latest D7000, or in the 2 firmware updates?

I would still want a pentaprism viewfinder, and there are still handling issues, but it throws light on the D7000 IMHO . . . CJS

Last edited:
Back