A range of SLR cameras...Info?

Name
Jay
Edit My Images
Yes
Good afternoon,

My granddad collected a series of SLR cameras and equipment and was a keep photographer. I am hoping someone may know if the equipment has any value at all? Unfortunately I will never have the time to follow suit.

I have provided a link to pictures and have written a general list of the main items below.

Camera's with lenses:

* Minolta Autocord Twin Lens Reflex

* Pentax MX with and SMC-Pentax-M 1:1.7 50mm lens

* Edixa Reflex-D with Asahi Opt co. Lens 1:2.2/55 lens

* Olympus 35 SP with Olympus G.Zuiko 1:1.7 42mm lens

Lenses:

* 90-230mm Soligor Autozoom 1:4.5 58Ø zoom lens

* Vivitar 20mm 1:3.8 autowide angle lens

Other:

* Variety of filters

* Practos Exposure Meter

* Weston Master IV Exposure Meter

* Osram Flash

Pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/41377528@N00/2266201645/

There are a few other bits film etc..but that's about the sum of it.

Any information would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jay

You can find the completed eBay prices for the Minolta Autocord Twin Lens Reflex, Pentax MX and Olympus 35 SP, they are rather popular.

Some good old stuff there.

I owned a couple of Pentax MX bodies, They came in black and silver - I actually preferred the silver body. The MX is one of the best cameras Pentax ever made, and one of the smallest, if not the smallest SLR ever made.

It's very close to pro build quality, entirely mechanical shutter speeds - the battery only powers the LED type meter. You should consider keeping it, but I've seen these in good condition in dealers windows for 100-130 quid.

mx01.jpg

Old cameras make great ornaments as well - there is something tactile about an old camera that you don't get on modern ones. Its the feel of metal and mechanical objects rather than a plastic box full of electronics.

Yes they certainly feel better built and sturdy than my digi SLR...not to mention heavier.

If you do nothing else before you die....

.....shoot the Autocord:)

I'd be tempted to keep them! I shoot my 35mm on a Pentax Spotmatic and I love it to bits, there's just something about the clunk you get when the shutter operates :)

Back