A recent trip to Paris

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there,

I spent a couple of days in Paris recently and tried to get a number of panoramas whilst I was there. I'm a fan of bold, colourful images which is a theme you will notice throughout many of them.

Please let me know what you think.

1. Champs-Elysees
613396278_vmxPH-L.jpg

2. Eiffel Tower 1
613403639_KBHmK-L.jpg

3. Eiffel Tower 2
613398138_qopjs-L.jpg

4. Eiffel Tower 3
613398609_CL2DX-L.jpg

5. Louvre Pyramids
613399424_7tGAU-L.jpg

6. Grande Arche
614311549_r7aUU-L.jpg

7. Palais de Chaillot
614962504_rSE77-L.jpg

8. Notre Dame
614961679_dVYrB-L.jpg

Thanks

Trevor

Erm..........wow. Wasn't expecting that, these are just awesome really. The last 2 have some slightly off verticals, but that's literally the only fault I can find in these (and I was trying to be picky!), I think they're incredible! :clap: (y)

Chris

Hi Trevr
Nice set - very postcard-ish.
5, 4, 1 & 2 for me √√√

That's some mighty fine work there Trevor. I normally don't look at lots of the panos, just because I don't personally like shooting for stitching much. But I'm really glad I looked in to see these. :clap:

Thanks for the possitive comments guys. Some minor tweaking still to do, such as tweaking the verticals as chris321 points out.

I have set myself a challenge to get a panorama from all of the major places I visit and they will all follow the same sort of bold colourful theme...a long term project I feel.

Great scenes and superbly captured and processed.

All of these are excellent but I especially love 4 and 6, stunningly good.

Andy

Absolutely stunning, you must be so pleased with those,

Thanks Strangways, i am actually quite pleased with them. Im very lucky i had good weather as i wouldn't have captured quite the same images if I had dull over cast days.

The first one is an absolutely stunning image. The rest im not half as keen on! Nos 5 and 7 could have done with getting a bit more of the fountains in the foreground I think, eg the entire thing, No 5 especially could have been a brilliant shot. Well done anyway.

thanks Geniusworkin, the pictures are made up of around 5 shots each. I didnt have my tripod so all had to be shot hand held and all of them are only one picture tall.

Amazing set!

Amazing weather as well, when I went it was crap! nothing but grey sky for 4 days!!

I know what you mean, the time i went previous was too cold to stand for a long enough time to take any pictures so I was itching to get back there. I'm pleased the weather was better this time. It's nice when you come back from somewhere knowing you have captured some good images..I can turn my thoughts to the next place now.

I wish Paris was like this the last time I was there too - flat grey skys and drizzle :( These are so vibrant though! Definately need to try a pano...

Tom

Wow they look like postcards!!

They are amazing. I hope I'll be able to capture shots like this one day.

Awesome shots. I love number four!

No shots of/from the sacre coeur? I loved it up there.

What lens(es) were you using?

Last edited:
hi Fuudge,

Thanks for that...I used the Nikon 18-55 standard lens here...I have a 28-300 but found it a little too close even at 28mm.

I do want a 10-20mm.

beautiful, lovely colours and great for hand held panoramas (y)

Back