A Red Sky, a Mistake and an Eagle in the Smoke

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Evenin' All,

3 images from Saturday morning, all taken at Mow Cop in Staffordshire.

They were all taken on my D70 with at a focal length of 200mm.

1. Red sky, dark fg, smoking chimney and some swirly bits.

Close-up-Red-Sky1.jpg

2. Not sure what happened here but I think I like it.

Semi-pano1-hazy-colours.jpg

3. A large, I presume, belching chimney which looked a little like a large eagle? Maybe not, you decide. :shrug:

Smoke-Eagle.jpg

Anyway, I'm having a bit of a slow period at the moment, seem to have lost my mojo a bit. Hopefully this will return with the warmth of the Sun and my D90 which I am going to get at the end of March.

Please feel free to criticise, critique, laugh out loud and point or even praise if you want.

Cheers

Andy

Dramatic sky's here Andy.

For me the layers and sky tones in no 1 are excellent.

nice range of tones. It takes me back as we could see Mow Cop out of our classroom window when I was in primary school!

Thanks guys. They're growing on me. At first I wasn't too sure but now I think I like them.

Andy

Evenin' All,

3 images from Saturday morning, all taken at Mow Cop in Staffordshire.

They were all taken on my D70 with at a focal length of 200mm.

1. Red sky, dark fg, smoking chimney and some swirly bits.

Close-up-Red-Sky1.jpg

Semi-pano1-hazy-colours.jpg

Smoke-Eagle.jpg

Anyway, I'm having a bit of a slow period at the moment, seem to have lost my mojo a bit. Hopefully this will return with the warmth of the Sun and my D90 which I am going to get at the end of March.

Please feel free to criticise, critique, laugh out loud and point or even praise if you want.

Cheers

Andy

I reckon they could pass as a abstract art work :)

i really like the last one, something wont let me stop staring at it :LOL:

Good set

Your right Robert, looks like something you'd see in Ikea.

Well done Andy, that's a great set of images with excellent colours and tones. #2 for me however you did. Like them all a lot.

Cheers folks, I'm not sure what caused the huge plume of smoke but it must be massive.

Andy

Thanks everyone. I'm thinking of getting the 3 part abstract printed up, it really does look ok.

Andy

Back