A Rose by night...

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Actually taken at lunchtime, but I used a quick bit of filter mnagic to convert it into a nightshot.

This is one of the 2 roses in the flowers the moosus got from work on her last day before the holiday break (school - she gets 6 weeks off, grrr) but the other one was not in good condition.

Tripod mounted (both, the camera on one, the flower in a vase stood on the other ) and on timer mode, using the siggy 105.

I did 4 edits on this one, the original, this one in a night conversion and an orton effect, a vignette on the original with an orton effect, and an infra red conversion.

For now, I have opted for this one cos Ilike the soft darkness it gave.

C&C as always appreciated.

Exif:

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 450D
Image Date: 2009:07:23 11:52:26
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 105.0mm
CCD Width: 4.18mm
Exposure Time: 0.300 s (1/3)
Aperture: f/10.0
ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: -0.67
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

Paul.

(y) I like it! Lovely colour and form (and no blemishes on the petals) - I'm sure others may be able to give better comments. It reminds me of the cover of milk tray chocolates :D

Lovely shot Paul, conveys the softness of the petals perfectly and I agree with Barbara's reference to Milk Tray!

Paul

What luxurious colours

very good, maybe you are the milk try man....

Stun-ning!!!! :D

Thats my fave kind of flower shot, close up - almost but not quite abstract - colours and framing are wonderful! (y)

Great shot! I can't really flaw it, I tried something similar quite a while ago and didn't get anything near this good (y)

Corr !. Love that colour !. Nice detail too . Developing can be more fun than the camera itself sometimes . Fantastic array available . But it takes the foresight and imagination to put it all together . ten out of ten for this !. Thanks for sharing . Ron

Absolutely beautifull - very rich and saturated.

Beautiful photograph! The composition is wonderful and the color is magnificent.
It has a very 'romantic' look to it actually.

Love it!

Back