A router oddity

Edit My Images
No
My Internet 'connection' went down this morning but the router showed DSL & Internet @ green.....................

Plus, though I could access the GUI of my wireless printer and my NAS via my phone (both IP addresses are in the router address range ~ stating the obvious?), the GUI on the router would not open/show. Oh, so very odd :(

My only option was to do a hard restart on the router and all is now hunky dorey :)

As I hate a mystery, has anyone any insights as to what the heck happened and FWIW this is the very first time it has mis-behaved. (NB my uptime was approx 80 days)

TIA :)

Sounds like a software bug which you encountered in a very specific set of circumstances. I wouldn't worry about it, but you could look to see if there are any firmware updates available for your router.

Is it a BT router? Mine needs rebooting regularly. Sky Q, nest cameras and other devices seem to screw up the dhcp addressing lists. Also they seem to take the service down momentarily about midnight while they switch backbone routes. That screws it sometimes too.
If your devises give the option of setting fixed i/p addresses that would help.

Last edited:
Sounds like a software bug which you encountered in a very specific set of circumstances. I wouldn't worry about it, but you could look to see if there are any firmware updates available for your router.
As you suggest , most likely a glitch of some obscure origin!

I will look at firmware updates just in case :)

Is it a BT router? Mine needs rebooting regularly. Sky Q, nest cameras and other devices seem to screw up the dhcp addressing lists. Also they seem to take the service down momentarily about midnight while they switch backbone routes. That screws it sometimes too.
If your devises give the option of setting fixed i/p addresses that would help.

No not a BT but a Billion 7800DXL dual band.

I have always given my primary/regularly connected devices fixed IP addresses ;)

Though not clear if related but the few pages I printed every 'job' I sent the printer dialogue popped up telling me to load paper.......yes, there is already.......click on "continue". The one thing I have yet to do is power cycle the printer in case the router glitch I had has messed up the printer WiFi protocols???

Back