A secret Welsh Lake..

Edit My Images
No
Well not quite, it's actually a fishing lake near Rhyd Ddu in North Wales called Llyn y Dywarchen, whilst not secret it's not particularly well know but is surrounded by stunning scenery..the Nantlle Ridge and Snowdon and its surrounding mountains...I was really after a good shot of Snowdon but when I arrived it was shrouded in heavy cloud so I thought I'd try a few other vantage points

All C&C welcome

simon

G109233.jpg

G109228.jpg

G109222.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone,

The 1st shot is a combination of 2 tiffs from the same raw file..one exposed for the sky & one for the rest of the scene...the others are "as shot" with a little "local contrast enhancement" ...I've tried to keep the processing as subtle as possible as I'm mostly into natural looking shots

simon

Really like number two, and if the water had been completely still...........

Three good shots, number 2 is my favourite.

Thanks for the comments...

the lake is on the B4418, leaving Rhyd Du it's on the right hand side, you'll see a small car park...

It's a popular spot for fly fishing so you might not have it all to yourself, there's cracking view of Snowdon from there (sometimes)...unfortunately it was swamped by cloud when I was there so didn't take any shots in that direction...

If you fancy a walk up Snowdon the route from Rhyd Du is much quieter than most

simon

If you have never been there try Llyn Crafnant, its a stunning setting and brilliant trout fishing to boot. great stuff by the way ;)

If you have never been there try Llyn Crafnant, its a stunning setting and brilliant trout fishing to boot. great stuff by the way ;)

Thanks for the suggestion...must admit I've walked the area a few times and visited a couple of times to try and catch the stunning reflections it produces in Autumn - it is a great place, no luck so far with the reflection photograph though, but that's the Welsh weather for you :bonk:

[edit]...just to add these are the 1st set of shots I've taken using my new Redsnapper tripod/pan head, excellent piece of kit !!

simon

Last edited:
Excellent set Simon - do love the tranquility in no 2.

Your comment about #1 being blended explains why I kept thinking it didn't quite look 'right'.

#2 is very nice. It looks just the slightest bit high contrast on my monitor.

#3 is also nice and to me the most natural looking but might be a bit over sharpened :)

Back